Chapter 38

He had appeared with her in his arms; blinking and confused at how quick they had gotten there.
She frowned. He did not fly.

He gently tipped her chin up to look at her.

"Are you alright?" He asked as she shivered some and stumbled slowly out of his arms.

She gave him a quick nod and stood firmly on her own.

"Hannah?"

She looked up at him.

"Is everything alright?" Concern grew over his features as she lowered her head and nodded.

He wasn't convinced but all the same he did not want to upset her, pushing for answers.

He remained quiet as she pulled away from him and slowly turned away.

She stood in awe of her surroundings.

He stood back and let her walk forward into his lair.

His safe haven.

Deep in the mountains, far away from civilization where he could be at peace.

She took in the dark tranquil space illuminated with a few candles. The little light bathed the cavernous structure in an orange hue. It was homey; complete with a living room, dinning room, bedroom and balcony.

She turned towards the sound of water trickling down from a wall in the corner and made her way slowly towards it. She watched as it's crystalline path led to a beautiful pool.

"You're more than welcome to use it if you want to freshen up." He said softly.

Her presence in his sanctuary both excited and worried him.

He observed her as she playfully dipped her toe in and gave a satisfied nod.
Frozen to the spot, he watched her discard his coat and step in to the pool. He could do nothing but admire her from afar. Enjoy the vision of her partaking in the luxury of the water lapping at her skin.He looked away cursing himself for doing so. He couldn't indulge because it would lead to nothing. It couldn't lead to anything.

He quickly retrieved a towel and a pajama top of his finest collection and turned in time to see her slowly walking towards him naked and dripping wet on his most expensive Persian rug. That, oddly enough, if it were any other he would have drained them dry without a second thought.

He swallowed forcefully at the lump forming in his throat as his gaze locked on the one single droplet of water gliding down her skin.

Jerkily he handed her the towel.

"Dante?"

Her melodic voice pulled his attention away from where his towel roamed over her skin to look at her innocent gaze.

"Why were you in the forest?" She asked.

His gaze darted everywhere nervously; unable to explain how, for the last couple of weeks he has been watching her train. Her warm fingers reached for his, clammy and cold ones. They were always clammy and cold.

"I have been watching you, " he said staring at their entwined fingers.

"Watching me?" She frowned.

His lips thinned with a bit of embarrassment as he admitted to it. She lowered her head.

"And why not come say hello to me?" She held his gaze for an answer.

One he could not give.

"Come, " he sighed and gently tugged her close and led her towards the living room sofa.