Chapter 39

He paced back and forth.

Worry and fear had sickened him in the worst way. It's been 6 hours since she took off and when his men went looking for her, they couldn't find Hannah anywhere.

Her scent was faint which meant that she had long been gone.
And the other scent that lingered angered him.

Dante!

The thought of the Vampire doing something to harm her only angered him more.

Hatred for the bloodsucker filled his guts. He continued to pace and Koda paced as well. Fierce, furious and wild, ready to fight to the surface to be free to find his mate.

He swore if anyone else told him to calm down once more he was going to rip their throat out. He was hanging on by a thread and he wanted to shout and tear shit up. He could not reach her. She did not answer his mindlink and neither did Mia.

He had already roamed every square inch of the forrest following her scent to a spot where it stopped. As if she had vanished into thin air.

Raphael and Michael did not sense her either. Tension grew where they stood in his living room with that bit of knowledge.

"Where the hell could she be. Where could the vampire have taken her?" Michael asked in a demanding tone.

"Don't you think if I knew the answer I would've been off looking for her right now?" Maddox faced him.

"Don't take that tone with me wolf" Michael snapped.

"I wouldn't have to if you had not acted like an ass towards my mate. At every turn you goad her. You don't realize that she will never forgive either of you for your betrayal."

"What we did was to protect her, " Raphael said.

"Really, you did a banging job of it. She can't stand the sight of the father and she abhors the presence of the uncle." He scoffed.

"You have no right to judge me, " Michael stepped forward.

"I have every right, because what you did caused long term damage. She doubted her abilities because she didn't know who or what she was. Now that she is a hybrid, she is my mate and she is struggling to come to terms with this sudden burden placed on her shoulder to save the world. Because he couldn't man up and tell her he is her father or what the consequence of falling in love with her mother started." His emotions took the best of him as he trembled before the Archangel hurting with Hannahs absence.

"So don't tell me I don't have the right to judge you. I love her. Thats more than you or your brothers have yet to admit or say to her."

All remained silent as he stood facing the Archangels. Who in turn could not look him in the eye. Raphael dropped to the chair in the corner in defeat as Michael looked away with nothing but sadness and remorse in his gaze.

Maddox turned and looked at Gaia. He needed to find Hannah. Something wasn't right. He could feel it. Although Gaia assured him that Danté would never harm her, he still did not trust him.

He began to pace more and in that moment the voice of one of the wolves mindlinked with him.

"Alpha? Come quick."

Maddox turned around and stepped out of the living room and cleared the front porch in a run once he saw them.

His chest tightened at the sight of Danté struggling and carrying Hannah until he fell to his knees.

"No. No. No." He roared and dropped before them. He pulled Hannah out of Dantés hold and sobbed at the sight of her.
Pale and unmoving.
"Hannah, baby, open your eyes, " he sobbed holding  her to his chest.

He barely heard Michael as the Archangel furiously yanked Dante up to his feet. In a blind rage, he barely felt when Raphael reached for her and cried out frantically for Gaia to help her. Chaos ensued as he stood and pinned the vampire with a deadly stare.

"What the fuck did you do to my mate, " his Alpha voice tore from his chest as he stalked toward Danté and lunged into wolf form swiping Michael away.

Danté stumbled to the ground shaking and sweating. Weak and disoriented as he faced the large black wolf. He tighten his eyes shut as the wolf roared furiously in his face baring his teeth. Frightened and at Maddox's mercy he dropped his head and waited for the final blow that will end his life.

He deserved it for what he did. He would take the punishment of death for her. He cried as he remembered what he did. Guilt and so much pain coursed through his body as Maddox pressed his snout to his neck and growled.

But nothing happened as Maddox stepped back. Repulsed and confused Koda hacked and huffed then stepped back from Danté. 
Maddox transformed and stumbled back as he stared at Danté in disbelief.

That can't be. His usual scent was gone. He looked at the trembling vampire crouched on all fours whipering and sobbing.

"What is it?" Michael asked.

"I...can't kill him, " Maddox swallowed and frowned with so much confusion. He looked around and noticed that they had taken Hannah away.

"Why?" Brody asked.

Looking at Brody that held his gaze equal in sadness and anger. Before looking down at Danté with disgust and fury.

"Because he's human."

*"*"""
Happy cliff hanger Thursday 😋😋😋😋
Sorry if this is short but I needed to get this  out of my head. I may add on to this one or do another chapter...stay tuned...as the plot thickens...
Don't forget to add me to your twitter accounts and share, share, share...
@pitufina8177
#TheAlphasAngel