Chapter 35

"Useless!"

"All of you are useless!"  The voice boomed furiously.

Danté watched as the demon king paced angrily from one side of the room to the other.

"All I asked was for you to bring her to me. But you can't even do that, " he turned his attention to Danté.

"She was surrounded by others, I...." he began.

"That is why you wait until she is alone, " the demon king interrupted.

"Even if she were alone, he would never do it because he is smitten with her, " Apollyon said behind him.

Danté stiffened. His gaze rose immediately to the Kings.

With mild interest, the Demon King looked at Danté then over his shoulder and waved for Apollyon to come forward.
Danté's jaw ticked as Apollyon slowly approached his King. He proceded respectfully, giving a slight bow before meeting the demon king's gaze.

Cruel lips curved as the king took in Danté's bothered look.
"What an interesting surprise. Do tell me more."

Danté remained stoic with his eyes cast straight ahead as Apollyon spoke of Hannah. He tried to remain indifferent to their words but he couldn't. They spoke of her as if she were some common human child they planned to kidnap for a ransom.
Except she was not so common. She was rare in fact. Even amongst her kind.
The key...an important piece in their game of dominance over their race.

His ears burned as he listened to the king's knowledge of such a find and how Hannah's blood was needed...for power.

"Even if she is mated with the wolf? She could possibly be infected with his blood. Won't that change things?" Apollyon asked.

The King paused. He was pensive for some time before he spoke.

"The species really should not matter. What will matter is her angelic blood  and the significance of who and what she is."

They remained silent.

"They will do everything to make sure she does not fall into my hands. But that will change. Won't it...Vampire?." He smiled looking straight at Danté.

"You want to prove your worth?" The demon King stepped before him. "Bring me the Seraph and I promise, you will be greatly rewarded."

Dantés' jaw locked with fury. He had the urge to tell the Demon King what he can do with his reward. But he remained silent as the Demon King dismissed him.

With a rigid bow, Danté turned to leave. But as he turned away the king stopped him.
"If you fail at getting me what I ask for Danté, your death will be excruciatingly slow," He warned.

"Bring me, my Angel!"

Danté walked away and excited the demon king's lair. His mind swirled with what had just happened. He was furious. He strode swiftly through a dark humid corridor nestled deep beneath an abandoned underground mine. As of late, that is where they have been meeting since he escaped centuries ago from the fiery pit of hell.

He burst through the barrier that cloaked its entrance and continue walking.

"If you just hand her over, you wouldn't be in this predicament, " Apollyon appeared before him.

Danté stopped before him. He was silent.
Apollyon narrowed his eyes and gazed at Danté in wonder.
"You really do feel something for the Angel, don't you?"

Danté looked away and tried to continue walking but Apollyon blocked his path.
"You know that never in a million years, the fates would ever peer a bloodsucker with an Angelic being?" Apollyon chuckled as Dantés eyes turned dark with anger.

Deep down guilt clung to his heart because he was aware that he was not good enough to ever have a creature like Hannah in his presence. The centuries of bloodshed, tainted his hands and blackened his soul. Some kills were for sport...but...others were for survival. But none of that mattered...innocent lives were in play and he didn't blink twice before taking them.

After so long he never took into consideration what he had done. It was the predator in him, but he also had a human side of him...once.

"I can care less about your fates and whatever pre-destined machinations you may have. I..."

"You have feelings for an angelic being that needs to be handed to your overlord because there is a war for the balance of power amongst your kind. . Damn it! Don't you understand that you and your kind are at the bottom of the totem pole. You're looked down upon. My creator wrote all of you off as mistakes." Apollyon scoffed shaking his head with disgust.

"And you?" Danté argued stepping forward.

"Why are you so anxious in hurting her. Why do you want to betray your kind?"  Dantés jaw clenched? He could feel his teeth extending with the rage coursing through him.

"Because I want my revenge. I was placed here on this God-forsaken land to do one thing and I did it. I completed my mission. But do you think I was ever rewarded." He hissed. " I am an angel of the bottomless pit. The destroyer. That is my damned title. If it weren't for your king freeing me, then I would be still there wasting my days away, waiting to be called back home. But that was never in the plans."

"So make her pay for what is written in stone?"

Apollyon chuckled menacingly.

"Don't worry yourself," Apollyon smiles sadistically.   "Your precious little desire won't be drained fully. We will make sure to leave you a little something for your trou...."

Before Apollyon could finish, Dante with blinding speed grabbed the dark angel by the throat and rammed him into a nearby tree. The tree splintered with his brute force as he slammed Apollyon again.

Rage rolled off of him like crashing waves as Apollyon chuckled as if this did not affect him at all.

A billow a black smoke appeared before Dante and suddenly Apollyon disappeared and  was standing behind him. He turned slowly to watch the Angel straighten his suit in a nonchalant manner.

"Your feelings for her is hindering your ability to do as you are told," he said looking up slowly to hold Dante's furious gaze.  "Just take her from the dog." he shrugged.

Dante's jaw clenched.  "They cant be separated and you know that."

"Yes, but you will think of something won't you?" Apollyon stood before him.

"Because your wonderful soulless life depends on it," he pats Dante roughly on the cheek.

Dante stood motionless. The tainted darkness and possibilities of taking her away from Maddox slowly began forming in his mind.

"Now be a good bloodsucker and do as your master says." Apollyon teased.

Bring him his Angel.

*****Hello my lovelies ***

Forgive me for the late posts but responsibilities and life puts a damper on things and writing is sometimes hard. I decided since its been a slow day here at work to just write in little segments throughout the day. And Voila!!! here we have it.

Comment and like ....tell me what you think :)