Chapter 42

Bright morning sunlight danced across her closed eyes. It slowly brought her out of her heavy sleep. She closed and opened them several times, clearing the foggy vision to reveal their brightly colored bedroom. She shifted some and winced at the soreness between her thighs as she sat up. She brought up the sheets at her waist to cover her bare breasts as she slowly sat up.

"Maddox?" she called out softly.

No response.

She drooped back slowly over the soft sheets, then stretched some and paused as the memory of last night came floating back to her mind. Last night's lovemaking definitely left her exhausted.

"Remember, it was not all you that put in the work," With a knowing smirk, Mia stretched and yawned before turning away and closing her eyes.

Hannah looked away and smiled shyly. She lay there for sometime reminiscing about what transpired between her and Maddox. She inhaled deeply and stretched her well-sated limbs before slowly sitting up and looking around once more. Everything felt sharper and keener she noticed. Could it be from their bond now that Mia was claimed? She wondered.

She slowly slid off the warm inviting fluffy comforter and dropped the sheet on her way to the bathroom. Beneath the warm stream, she indulged in the sensation of it beating against her skin and massaging the slight aches out of her limbs. When she finally dried off and dressed, she went in search of Maddox.

The air in the house lacked his familiar scent. But she could feel him which meant he had not been in the house for some time and...he did not sleep beside her last night. She brushed away that new thought. He had forgiven her. That much she understood.

"So why did he not sleep in their bed?" She frowned.

She stepped through the patio doors and inhaled the fresh air and all the scents that came with it. It was a new feeling, she felt revitalized and different. She followed the voices and the scents to the far end of the yard to the building in the corner. It was the, cellars, Maddox had called it. And that was where his scent began.

She walked around the large concrete structure that had a metal door. She frowned noticing his familiar scent and another's. Her hair on her neck stood as she slowly stood before the door that was slightly open.

" I wouldn't go in there," Mia warned.

Inquisitive as she was, Hannah ignored Mia and slowly entered. Suddenly engulfed in darkness and the ominous scent of humidity, earth and ...something else she could not describe, she forged on down the dark corridor following the scent.

Her skin prickled with the air growing dank and cold. The slight clinging of chains pulled her in the direction to her left at a bend until she heard Maddox's voice. She got close enough to the low lit room where three pack members stood guard at the far wall. Her gaze landed on Maddox's back. The sudden urge to get closer to him waned as her gaze fell to the figure sitting on the floor, shackled in chains. Drawn to such a sight she stepped closer and stopped. Her gaze in shock landed on the feeble human on the floor speaking to Maddox. He looked familiar. But he was different.

" Would she be willing to do such a thing. To let him bite her the way that I did?" He asked Maddox.

She frowned. Maddox shook his head and she could feel his disgust and anger slowly rising.

"Over my dead body will ever let anyone toucher." Maddox murmured.

She couldn't understand why this human would suggest such a thing. She looked at him some more until he looked up to Maddox fully and the little light in the room illuminated his face.