Chapter 37

Her training as she knew it, was gruesome and hard.

With another thud, she landed on her back from the force of the blow Michael had dealt.

Her lungs ached, her lips bled and her wolf was failing miserably at being  contained.

"Control is of utmost importance," Michael said arrogantly circling her as she lay there trying to stand back up.

"Again, " he ordered

With a loathing stare, she glared at the Archangel that went into position and waited for her attack.

At a distance, she could feel Maddox and Koda struggling as well. Anger and rage began to permeate the air as she went down the first time. If it weren't for Brody and Gaia holding him back, he would have challenged Michael....and sadly that would not have gone well.

She struck fast and caught him on his side. His pride and arrogance was so visible she could see plain as day that he did not like to be bested. His counter-attack was stronger and nearly floored her.

"Being here on this realm has made you weak, " he shook his head as he swung his arm.

She ducked quickly spinning and clipping his back.
He chuckled and flexed his shoulders.
The sting at his back told him she drew blood.

"Impressive little one, " he walked slowly around her looking for a vulnerable spot to take her down.

"Don't call me that, " she tilted her chin up.

"Why so touchy, sprite?" He teased.

Her jaw clenched. He hadn't called her that in so long. There were many names they called her.  Names of  endearment when she was younger. Because she was different.
Not like the rest.
And they knew...

And never said anything.

Her face went warm. Out of anger.

"You lost that privilege of calling me that again." She swiped furiously nearly catching him.

Her speed and agility had improved but she was nowhere near as stealthy as the rest of the wolves from the pack or like Raphael or Michael.

"With time you will improve, " Raphael reached down to caress her cheek.

The fatherly affection for as much as she wanted to admit it,  it warmed her deeply but she could not indulge in it. Her heart and memories would not let her. He was absent although due to no fault of his own, still, he said nothing.

While she struggled with her abilities and at times felt inadequate and different, he never said a word. For as long as she could remember he was always around along with Uriel and Gabriel, Michael and Raphael said nothing.

Nothing can convince her that there was no other way. Because there was. Just telling her the truth. Explaining to her, her origins would have helped so much.

A sharp crack followed by searing pain on her back brought her back to the present.

"Keep your head out of the clouds and focus, Hannah, " Michael yelled.

Rage began to build within her as Mia began to pace. She could feel her teeth extending and her gums beginning to itch as Michael taunted her more.

She could feel the buzz of Maddox's voice in her head that she intentionally blocked out.

She followed Michael with a gaze that would set anyone else on alert and ready to run. He focused on her and his eye twitched as her eyes slowly began to glow iridescent blue.