Chapter 30

'We have come for Hannah.'

Those were the only words that flitted across his mind as he faced the winged warrior before him. And he didn't like it. Not one bit.

His nostrils flared in annoyance as a low growl escaped him.

'He isn't going anywhere with my mate.'
Koda paced.

The words were clear enough for all to hear as Maddox repeated them through clenched teeth.

"It was not a request mortal," Michael stepped forward with hands resting gently on the hilt of his sword.

"Maddox?" Brody whispered in a warning tone as he stepped beside him.

He could feel the tension in the living room growing. He could smell the nervousness from the wolves standing around them; wearily looking at the three archangels suited for battle.

"She is my mate, she isn't going anywhere," he stepped closer to Michael.

It was evident he was ready to go up against anyone and anything that tried to take Hannah from him.

"She is in grave danger being here. She must come with us," the angel behind Michael stepped forward.

His demeanor calmer and more peaceful. Less menacing than Micheals.

"I'm Raphael," he said sternly; clearing the space between them.

Maddox only nodded. He waited tensely for the Angel with sad eyes to continue, his heart thudding louder and faster, his jaw clenched in anger, his brain was finding it hard to understand what was happening.

"It is imperative that she returns with us," Raphael insisted.

It wasn't a good enough explanation.

"Maddox!" Hannah mindlinked faintly.
His head craned back as he stared at the ceiling. Anxious to return to her, he looked back at the Angel Raphael that followed his gaze.

The brief exchange of understanding in Raphaels eyes with his, set him at ease. It felt strange but he just as quick brushed it away.

His gaze shot back to the ceiling at the sound of a thud and he was out of the livingroom within seconds, storming up the stairs to their bedroom.

He paused at the door and backed away. Shock forming on his face with what he was seeing. A feral growl followed as he stumbled back into the hall.

"Hannah?" His voice tightly calls to her.
He is awestruck with the gurgling growl responding back to him.

He carefully extends his hand to the beautiful white wolf facing him with its muzzle peeled and drawn back bearing its sharp teeth.

She snapped. Lunging forward an inch.  Her hackles raised, she lowered her head ready to attack.

Koda followed in kind.

"Who the hell are you?" The smooth feminine voice brushed his mind but it wasn't Hannah's.

Confused he shook his head crouching to all fours. His nostrils flared with the familiar scent of his mate that was now stronger. Potent.

A growl escaped him.

"Hannah?" Maddox glared at the white wolf. 

She blinked and shook her head. He could feel the internal struggle.

"Where am I? Why did you wake me?"

"Holy-....is that...Hannah?" Brody gasped behind him at the door.