Chapter 21

"When we're you going to tell me?" His voice was low, angry.

She stood, hugging her arms tightly, holding herself, and watched him bound off the bed in all his naked glory towards her. Tears pricked her eyes. She had flinched the moment he grabbed her wrists and hauled her close to face him.

She stared blankly at his bare chest with dread creeping into her veins, trying to explain herself. Her mouth opened and closed, but nothing came out.

"Were, you even going to tell me?" he chucked her chin up roughly to look at him. She felt the heat of his body. His anger.
She trembled deeply as his penetrating gaze did not falter waiting for her to explain.

Her wings still exposed fluttered with  her fear. Her chest tightened with an agonizing pain. The tears that threatened to fall, traveled in heavy droplets as her gaze lifted to his.

He leaned closer to her. His lips drew back from his teeth in a growl. "Answer me," His Alpha voice hurled at her in the harshest way that it drew out a whimper. The force of it terrified her that she stepped away from him and her wings flapped involuntarily.

He stalked her until she stumbled back and on instinct he grabbed her and yanked her flush to him. His chest heaved with his labored breaths. Anger darkened his face as he struggled to say something more but just as fast he dropped his hands and stepped back.

He turned away from her and grabbed his pants off the floor. With that he left the room.

For a long moment Hannah couldn't move, she couldn't breathe. It wasn't until some time had passed that she dropped her face to her hands and fell to her knees in a torrent of tears.

*******

An Angel! You got to be fücking kidding me right now.
He paced, furiously in long strides in his office. How was she his mate? How? He searched in his head for the answers.
His voice was harsh as he bombarded her with questions. Her lips parted in silent helplessness. In truth, he wasn't up for a heated interrogation. Not when she looked at him the way she did. He clenched his teeth at the glittering sheen of tears in her eyes, before he left.

Her soft sobs were tearing his heart up. Now that they bonded and he claimed her, the onslaught of their emotions swamped them both in an overwhelming current. He cursed and roughly glided his hands through his hair. He could still taste her. Her tantalizing alluring scent clung to him and teased his senses that he had to leave the room. He needed a clear head to handle this.

Her tears were the last thing in the world he needed right now. His muscles tensed with the painful awareness of her cries even at such a distance. It had Koda begging him to go to their mate. But he refused.
I can't let her tears affect me. But they did.

Panic rushed through him. He couldn't deal with her now. Not as angry and conflicted as he was. He'd leave her alone for a while, let her settle down so they can talk.

Seconds turned into minutes as he sat at his desk clenching and unclenching his jaw as he tuned into her. Her feelings were in a disarray ranging from fright and panic to ...sadness and desperation. The urge to go to her and hold her in his arms was slowly getting to him the way Koda clawed up his insides to get free.

So lost in his conflicting thoughts, he didn't hear the slight tap at the door until Brody poked his head through it.

"Hey just letting you know we're back." he said.

Maddox nodded.

Brody frowned and slowly stepped in closing the door behind him. "What's wrong?"