Chapter 17

"Stay here, I will return shortly," he said.
He turned towards the large box with images. And changed it to cartoons he called it. Then he locked away the thing he calls a remote.

He turned towards her once more and said again.
"Don't move. And do NOT touch anything."
With those last words, he turned towards the door and left.

With a sigh she lay side ways on the bed and watched the yellow square laugh and talk. Her interest and attention with the show was short. She slowly stood and went to the door and locked it.

She turned and walked to the window. Her head rose up to the sky. The sunny day was calm and beautiful. Then she wondered...What they were doing? She missed them. Did they miss her?

She slowly closed her eyes; wishing she could communicate with them. But it was forbidden.
Nostalgic and sad, she stepped back and gently sat on the floor. She removed her top and covered her self as she flexed her shoulders. Then, she let her wings expand.

It was a comforting feeling to sit there with the sun's warmth on her feathers. She lowered herself then on her back and stretched her wings as far as they could reach. With a relaxing sigh; shaking off the melancholy that had cast a heavy weight over her, she closed her eyes and enjoyed her moment of tranquility.   

She had lost track of how long she had been laying there until the rough tap on the door suddenly woke her. With a start she sat up and turned to look at the door. The tap came once more. She quickly folded her wings away and stood slowly placing her bra back on and her shirt.

"One ...moment," she fumbled with her shirt as she placed it on wrong and tried to fix it. 

The knock came again until she finally  unlocked the door and pulled it open to face three sets of eyes.

"Hey skank, what are you doing?" Miranda stepped forward resting her hands on her hips staring at her. She stumbled back a bit; staring at the tall girl. 

Hannah frowned. "Skank? "

She saw the other girls snicker and laugh.  "That is not my name. It is Hannah," she said softly. 

"Yeah whatever...Blah blah, What are you doing?" she looked at Hannah.

Fidgeting, Hannah turned to point to the television. "I am watching the yellow talking square man." 

Rolling her eyes, Miranda exchanged a look with her two friends. "Why don't you come spend some time with us in the forest? you know, get to know each other?"

Warily Hannah held her gaze. "I was told to stay here," she told the three of them. 

"Don't worry you're with us," Miranda insisted.

She ignored the feelings slowly emanating from the three girls. It was a mixture of confusions she did not understand.  She honestly wanted to leave the room. 

"Are you sure I can? Maddox will not get angry?" she asked Miranda.

"Of course not," She assured her.

Satisfied with her words of assurance, she smiled and followed the girls out. They talked briefly.  More them then Miranda. The walk was invigorating and long, she noticed. She desperately wished to spread her wings and fly. 

"So Hannah, you are the Alpha's mate?" one of the girls asked.

Shyly Hannah averted her gaze and gave a timid smile,"I believe so," she said stepping over a branch and following them as they went deeper and deeper into the woods. 

"He hasn't claimed you, yet?" The other asked. Abruptly they stopped and she looked up and noticed a large lake in the distance. 

"Claim?" Hannah looked at each of them that now faced her.