Chapter 14

He wanted to lunge and change into full form to rip Dantes throat out. But he couldn't risk being exposed.

"Well...well...well, What do we have here?" Dante turned her around to face him. He blatantly ignored the savage growls echoing from the parking lot as he peered fixated at her.

"Let. Her. Go!" Maddox stepped close. Claws drawn.

"Tsk. Tsk. Tsk." Dante teased. " Is that anyway to treat a friend." he smiled menacingly at Maddox before returning his gaze to Hannah.

"We are not friends," Maddox shook his head.

"Hmmm so you say," he sighed with disinterest; tantalized by Hannah.

She shivered in his hold as he glided his cold finger down the side of her cheek. Her breathing came out in spurts as she tried to calm her sobs from what the horrible man had said to her inside the mall.

He caught her tear and gently held her chin up to gaze down at her.

"You are a very beautiful creature," he said huskily. He angled his head the side, deep in an admiring stare as he grazed her cheek and the softness of her hair.

With mute captivation, she stood still before him. Never has she seen anyone like him. His masculine beauty was ...porcelain-like. As if it were frozen in time. He indeed was not human, she definitely sensed it and could see it... but he was not like her male either.

"Thank you," she said, politely entranced by his features.

His beautiful eyes sparkled in the dark. Amused by her sweetness, his lips turned up into a smile. He could not imagine his luck. In all his 1200 years of roaming this green earth, he has never seen anything like her. Her intoxicating scent was a rarity just as she.

And these fools had no idea what they had in their possession.

Maddox watched how Dante caressed her and admired her, and it was driving him up the wall.

"I said. Let her go, Dante," he ordered again.

But Dante ignored him.

"Just do as he says, Dante. We aren't looking for a fight. You're scaring her." Brody spoke up.

His words brought his attention towards them.
"I am not looking for a fight either," Dante looked away from Maddox's feral gaze that held an enraged golden glow. "I just needed to get acquainted with the newest member of your pack."

He looked down at her then he took in her breathtaking appearance as she frowned. He watched as she shyly looked up at him. "What is your name, little one?" he whispered.

"Hannah," she innocently answered. The trust in her gaze held him rigid to the spot. It had a hold on him. It was not a look of deathly dread most mortals gave him. Or one of fear. But innocence and curiosity.

Her pureness rolled off of her and danced across his nerve endings. She was indeed, rare. The first he has ever seen. A diamond mine before him. If they only knew.
His mind trailed off with the thought of Maddox's incessant pacing. His growl showed possessiveness and was like a caged animal.
When it came to her.

His lips curved into a knowing smile.

She was his mate.

Satisfaction of the obvious curled up his spine...and...
He chuckled with a sigh.

He hasn't claimed her.

The knowledge of that intrigued him. Why not claim his mate? It was common knowledge to all that once your mate is found, she must be claimed. Why was he prolonging the inevitable?