Chapter 27

"I ordered them to do one damn thing!" frustration filled the quiet room as Danté dropped to his chair. Weary eyes all around landed on him in silence. His agitated gaze then turned to focus on Felipe, the crooked wolf at his side. A rogue of the Moonridge Pack.
"So what do you pretend to do, now that Payne has your rogues?"

Brooding eyes of the shifter lifted to his; unable to answer. He just growled.

"I told you. You simply can not send untrained pups to do a grown wolfs job." Another voice spoke up.

Danté's head rose up in time to face his newly appointed underlord, Apollyon, thanks to the Demon King and his ambition for more power. Dante's jaw ticked as he watched the well dressed Angel step forward.

"The idea was yours, being I was in no hurry to send my own men to be slaughtered."

"No, Danté, the order was mine due to the simple and sorry fact that your men would not have been able to handle the job. Need I remind you, we're not dealing with a mere human but a celestial being," Apollyon snapped.

Knowing fully well what the dark angel meant, his gaze lowered to the goblet filled with blood on the table before him. Ever since the news of Maddox's mate was known, it has had everyone on pins and needles.

Every supernatural both high and low has been on edge. They were fine living their way of life on this wasteland the best way they could. For centuries, the factions have had their tiny skirmishes and battles. Vampires, Werewolves, Witches, and Feys. All seeking a higher ground in their greed for power. It was an end factor for the races.

Now that an Alpha wolf was mated with a celestial being it proved difficult for the other factions to swallow.

She wasn't just any celestial being. She was the highest of a celestial order. An asset to the underlying tone to their battle of Good vs. Evil.

And it seemed that this dark brutal angel wanted to get to her first.

"So what do you propose we do?" Danté fixed a leveled gaze with Apollyon.

He stepped forward and took the seat before him. Confidence and arrogance was evident in the angels' presence. Oozing of clean-cut elegance as if he was stepping into a photoshoot for the cover of Esquire.

"You know I would be lying if I told you that I have no clue on what to do," he leaned back casually.

"You don't say?" Danté chuckled. The whites of his fangs flashing with Apollyon's sarcastic reply.
"You being an angel and all, lying isn't your better quality," Danté smiled icily.

False chuckles filled the air.

"Demon-angel," Apollyon corrected.

"Tomato, tamato," Danté shrugged.

A tense silence filled between them it could be sliced with a blade.

"While we go back and forth with these insignificant details, need I remind you that the bond between the angel and the wolf grows by the day." Danté exhaled with frustration.

"That's what we need," Felipe spoke up.
Danté and Apollyon turned to look at him.
"It benefits us that their bond grows stronger."

"Really? Pray tell us how their bond benefits us?" Apollyon sat up.
"The stronger the bond, the more painful the separation. If one is taken or dies, the other suffers or dies as well," Felipe held Apollyon's gaze with enthusiasm.

"Bravo!" Apollyon clapped teasingly. "But you see, there is a flaw in this plan of yours, Toto." He stood abruptly.

Felipe lowered his gaze at the insult and looked away furiously.

"For one... I don't know about any of you, but when I'm pissed I can really do some damage; with me being a Harbinger of Death." He began to pace.

"But let's not talk about me." He paused.

"Let's talk about the angel. You remember, the celestial being that has pure Divine Light running through her veins? Forget that she is benevolent, pure and peaceful; because I'm very sure that has all been lost dealing with all of you lowly half-wits that walk this god-forsaken land." He scoffed with disdain.

Then he continued. "So...lets anger her why don't we? And do away with or "off" her life- mate. Then watch the fireworks burn. Because I'm most definitely sure she is going to light brighter than the Sun and fry all of your asses to Kingdom Come. So I doubt that brilliant idea of yours, Felipe will work."

He watched the few Vampires standing around blanch in horror.

Danté felt sickened with the idea of killing either of them. Contrary to belief, he felt no real ill-will against Maddox. In truth, since the Alpha took up leadership of his pack in their area there has been little violence. He has kept to the laws of their kind. Kept the peace.

As for the angel, Hannah, he wouldn't dream of ever harming her. It's true, he as a vampire had to meet a certain standard. But, he would never stoop so low.
"The main goal is to get her and hand her over to Lucien," Apollyon informed him.

"And to do that you must gain her trust," Hazel eyes bore into his. An awkward moment ticked by.
Finally, Danté spoke.

"So why me? I seem to recall she is your kin."
His question only seemed to piss Apollyon off.
" Because I have to deal with the shifters or would you rather deal with your natural born enemy so they can tear you to shreds before the next sunrise?" Sarcastically Apollyon stared at him.
Like a flip of a switch, Danté's dark scowl dropped.
"Fine!" The vampire bristled.

"Good!"

Satisfied, Apollyon stood straight and buttoned his jacket.
"I must be going then. I have pressing matters to attend to," he turned away and walked towards the door.

Before he left, he turned to fix Dante with a stern gaze; glittering flames from the bowels of Hell flashed in his eyes. " I don't need to remind you how important this is for everyone. We need her for leverage."

With that said, he turned away and vanished into thin air.

******
Wheew finally I'm back....time to get this book rolling....
What did you think?
Comment below....