Chapter 36

"She is not ready."

Raphael shook his head as he watched Hannah through the veil.

They had returned to their realm to hold court with the celestial elders of what was going on in the human realm.  The throne room, filled with members of all supernatural factions, waited for him to continue.

"All of your kind will suffer this great peril, the demon king, is creating armies as he tries to gain the upper hand."

"But what does he want, What does he pretend to accomplish?"  Nyx, an emissary of the Fae council stepped forward.

"To distract us," Calysta, a water nymph, interrupted. "To distract by creating strife and turmoil among our kind."

The room erupted into whispers.

"He wants to gain access to this realm," Michael spoke up and all whispers died down. Worried gazes were exchanged with the factions.

"It is impossible. He does not have that ability."   Zadkiel frowned shaking his head.

"He does now because you made that possible," Raphael said angrily.

Michael immediately placed his hands on Raphael's shoulder as his gaze clashed with his elder brothers on the throne.

"I did what I had to do, there was no other way," Metatron shot back.

Frustration filled within Raphael but his anger was too great that he could not say a word, he could only look away.

"The human realm is home to not only humans but to descendants of our race that we abandoned on the saviors' orders.  To meddle now in this war will cause confusion and will make things worse," Another supernatural, Freya, spoke up as a burst of agreeing whispers followed.

"So what?... we leave this to fall on the shoulders of a Seraph. The sacrificial lamb that will save us all?" Raphael chuckled humorlessly as his gaze landed on all of them accusingly as they stopped whispering. 

"Brother...." Uriel began.

"Don't..," Raphael shook his head.

He looked up at all of them suddenly feeling the speculative gazes mixed with pity in their eyes. How dare them? They all were to blame for what is to come. They turned a blind eye to him in his time of need.  But then the moment the Moirai  mentioned how important Hannah would be,' the being of an angelic bloodline whose ancient powers will awaken through a bond.' -Deadly powers that can either kill all of mankind or save them; They held councils deciding her fate without him for centuries until they saw that she was no threat. She was tucked away safely in Hanaels' care under her tutelage.  But it seemed that what the fates predicted would come to pass anyway. Too soon for him to have stopped it.  But then they panicked the moment she was cast out.

Now they listen. 

Now...they need her and depend on her.

He won't have it.

"She is not ready for this," he said again, "I won't have you all sitting here on your pedestals looking through the veil; watching my daughter put her life on the line for any of you."

The throne room burst into chaos as some gasped and others repeated what he had said. It was an uproar of chatter and movement as the factions tried to grasp what he just said.  He did not know if it was pride or relief that welled up in his chest for admitting it.

Micheal stood stone-faced as Uriel and Gabriel gave him an amusing stare.

"If the Demon King wants to destroy centuries of peace, then so be it. We have turned our backs when much worse has been done. But I will not let any of you manipulate Hannah into thinking she is the only one that can save them." He said looking directly at Gaia as she walked slowly into the throne room.