Chapter 5

She was summoned.

And that only meant one thing. They knew she had left the realm. But to where?
They will never know unless she told them. And she wouldn't.

She couldn't.

Her ears felt warm as she sat in bed listening to Michael pace and chastise her for disappearing. Eyes downcast out of shame and fear, she could not look up into his eyes that were no doubt gleaming with disappointment and anger.

"You are not to leave this realm, Hannah." he ordered with finality.

She lifted her gaze then and watched as the formidable warrior and mentor paced more and spoke. His rules tightened her chest. Thinking of never seeing the human again left a dull ache in her chest. And she did not know why. But it left her intrigued, curious. More now than ever...since she has already seen him, touched him.....tasted him.

The rebellious notion of defying the archangel that stood powerfully before her, left her mind feeling fuzzy and light. 

"Am I clear, Hannah?" their gazes met.

Sadly her eyes rested there tugging at the thought. It would be madness to defy him. How she wanted to say no. And that terrified her. She has never been this conflicted. She has always followed orders. This sudden urge to go against it all left her feeling uneasy. Drained.

She lowered her head in defeat. "Yes," she whispered.

Satisfied, he turned to her door and left.

Gathering up her knees to her chest, she sat there trembling with what had happened.

The moment she materialized and landed in the Garden, guards slowly approached her and accompanied her to her room where Michael waited for her.

It was a long lecture she had endured as she quietly sat there still tingly from her encounter with the mortal and the kiss he gave her.

Slightly embarrassed with herself for not entirely listening to the Archangel vent his outrage of her leaving, she could think of nothing else but how the human stretched above her.

The rules forbade celestial beings to ever come into contact with a mortal. She broke that rule and many more as he caught her, then she ended up being trapped beneath him, only to shamefully enjoy his lips above hers.

At that moment she did not care. He is the first mortal male she has ever seen but what he did to her, she never witnessed it with the male angels on this plane. It left her confused. No such contact between her kind was ever like that.

Pressing their lips to one another. She shivered.

Then the low growl that escaped him, sent her heart into a frenzy. Those enchanting eyes of his glowed like nothing she has ever seen.  It left her with a sensation that coursed through her that she had never felt before.

The words he hissed possesively.
Mine!

Left her even more confused.

What did he mean by it???

********

Mine!!!

Mate! Mate! He shook his head furiously trying to calm his wolf. He refused to accept his words. He hissed and growled then began to pace. Find her.
I will not..Maddox insisted. Now was not the time.

That scent that plagued him days ago, was there last night and it still lingered on his sheets. It was potent and drove him insane. It stirred things in him.