Chapter 26

It was a long night. The Rogues gave them little information about why they came to his territory except for the orders to trap his mate. He was livid and the interrogation was getting bloody. Brody begged him to step away and told him he would handle it.

He trembled with fierce rage as he stepped back and looked at his extended claws and his skin that was streaked with sweat, blood, and dirt.

He couldn't go upstairs to Hannah like this; seething with anger and hate. He turned away and walked to the cellars private bathroom and showered off.

He had to clear his head. But he needed to be near her. His conflicting urges battled within him. He reluctantly avoided going to her in the state that he was in and went for a run. It did little to calm his need for her but all the same, he no longer thought about the rogues sitting in his cell that were still being interrogated.

After some time had passed and he felt at ease, Maddox entered the house at dawn in wolf form. He roamed the woods half the night aimlessly prowling the surrounding area. He could barely rest; he was up the whole night. A portion of it was spent outside of their bedroom door listening to Hanna sleep. The other was thinking on the many ways he wanted to wake her up to hold her and make love to her until those wishful thoughts had Koda stretching and begging for rest so he turned away and stretched out on the back porch.

He slowly made his way towards his room and carefully nudged his way through the door. He paused at the sight of her already up. He could hear the swift patter of her heart. It urged him closer until he lunged on to the edge of the bed to face her.

Her gaze widened with the sight of him. Large, sleek and powerful. He sat and watched her. Waiting.

I won't hurt you.

He inched closer until they were inches apart. Anticipation coiled through him for her acceptance. Her touch.

To his surpise, she did not hesitate. She reached for him. She ran her fingers over his entire body; slowly stroking and petting him with the softest touch. He pressed his nose along her jaw, inhaled her scent and basked in the glory of its sensation. The tips of her fingers grazed his ears and she buried her face in his fur.

He could hear and feel her acceptance. A shiver ran through his whole body and he could feel his eyes change. He has never in all his years been touched in wolf form. Her doing this was far from sexual. It was pleasurable and bonding at its best.

A warming light formed between them. In her arms, he stilled before the soothing glow emanating from her forced him to shift. She sat in awe as the soft fur beneath her fingers disappeared then transformed into muscled flesh. His change was magical and amazing. She wasn't prepared for these feelings flooding every inch of her as she caressed his skin. The way her gaze held him with admiration and wonder it floored him.

Suddenly the strangest thing occurred. Both of them stared at each other in awe as a beautiful whispy blue light coiled from his chest and a stringy mist of white expelled from hers and twirled up between them like billowing smoke around each other until they became as one.

With a spontaneous burst, it spread above them pouring down and curled around them in a soothing touch then disappeared, leaving both of them gasping at each other at what they had just seen. The first to recover, Maddox looked up to her astonished gaze.

"What...just happened?"

She shook her head unable to explain.
The tingling warmth beneath his skin had Koda mellow and gleefully stretching. The need to draw her closer was strong. And the same need to be with him pulled her even closer.

His touch roamed the length of her before him. Bare to each other's eyes, he enjoyed how she held the sight of his arousal and how the scent of her own filled the air. Then her eyes turned iridescent blue and dilated the moment his amber reds locked on to hers.

Without a moment to spare, his lips were on hers as he pressed her back on to the softness of the sheets.

He felt her entire essence move through him and she...

Felt him everywhere.

He held her gaze as he pressed softly into her. The sweet heat of his lovemaking increased in her, down to the very marrow of her bones and so did the soft glow between their entwined bodies that grew with blinding brilliance. It alarmed him but his need was too great to stop or pull away.

She was radiant and gorgeous soaking up his pleasure and giving it back that he felt it down to his soul. His gums itched and his breath hitched as his fangs extended.
A force stronger than anything he has ever felt, tangled with desire, passion and something more, drew his lips down to the softness of where her neck and shoulder met. And tenderly he bit down. Piercing her soft warm flesh, he welcomed the heat and sweetness of her blood past his lips and the spiraling scent of her enveloping him.

His appreciative growl answered her throaty aroused moan and every inch of him including his wolf shuddered with delight.

They clung to each other submerged in the wave of ecstasy coursing through their bodies as they climbed to the most mind-blowing height that they possibly could. Gasping and writhing they came apart as one until his bone-shattering climax met hers.

Finally sated and breathless, he looked at her hungrily, swallowing her whole. His lips crushed hers passionately until he reluctantly broke the kiss to look down at her. He was lost with the sight of her. Tousled hair, sparkling eyes, and swollen lips.

Barely able to get much words out of his lungs he uttered the only word that had meaning.
"Mine!"
Flushed and still trembling from his blissful lovemaking, her fevered gaze met his and he listened in fascinating silence the sultriness of her response.
"Yours."

Complete and deliciously spent he rolls off to the side and pulls her flush against him. It's not until shortly after holding her so close, he notices that she has fallen asleep in his arms. Her warm body and gentle breaths against his skin were a soothing balm to his senses.

"Alpha, one of the rogues is talking," The mindlink cleared his euphoric haze.

He cursed under breath. Careful not to wake her.

"I'm on my way."

He reluctantly eases out of her embrace and stands to get dress. The whole time as he did, his gaze never left her sleeping form. Possessive and protective instinct kicks in as he gets ready to confront the assholes below, sent to harm his mate.

He will get to the bottom of it all even if it meant ripping them or whoever to shreds. After what just happened to them, the need and desperation blooming in his chest to keep her safe, hasn't felt this strong. Until now.

Never has anything mattered to him as she matters to him now.

*******
My peeps here we goooo.
I found the perfect song for this chapter. Don't forget to comment and like...or share.