Chapter 2

Again Hannah!!!
Concentrate!!!

The steady soft voice instructed but she could do no such thing. She was tired and weary.

The skill of transparency had become her biggest obstacle yet. To remain invisible needed concentration and strength. Two of the things she simply just could not do today.

I can still see you Hannah. Try harder.

Slumping to the floor in defeat, her shoulders slouched. She looked around at the empty room with sadness knowing very well other eyes were on her. They had all perfected their skill except for her.

"Don't worry Hannah. You will get it, you just need to try harder." the voice of Gaston came to her by her side. She looked up to where his voice came.

Sadly she looked away just in time as he shimmered into a solid form at her side.

"All right that is enough for today." Gael announced.

Slowly, one by one her fledgling brothers and sisters shimmered back into existence and stood with smiles; filing out one by one in order out the door.

She still sat on the floor. Until the whites of Gaels gown flowed before her. Her eyes landed on the hem and slowly rose to look up into the Angels saddened face. More or less it felt like pitty.

"Come," Gael extended her hand to Hannah.

In awe, she never heard or saw Gael physically speak. Nervously she sat there with her eyes steadily staring at Gaels outstretched hand.

Shakily she pressed her fingers into Gaels hand and an immediate vibrant rush of warmth stole over her. She gasped at the calming sensation. It was an assurance of no harm. Just....trust and confidence.

She looked up into Gaels eyes and a twinkle of compassion stared back at her.
"Let us walk in the garden, little one. We have much to speak of." Gael said.

Lowering her head, Hannah fell into pace meekly at Gaels side. She silently listened to the soft voice of her teacher speak. Soon they were in the garden walking along a white stone pathway towards a large beautiful fountain.

They stopped before it. Her gaze landed on the rippling crystalline water as Gaels gaze fell on her. In silent humbleness, she listened to the Angel speak and repeat the same things she has heard for as long as she could remember.

"We are divine protectors, defenders, guides and messengers, Hannah,"  Gael explained.

"Our purpose is to serve and praise our divine creator," she went on to explain.

She sat and listened as Gael continued to speak. Her gaze lowered to the crystalline water as it rippled and dribbled beneath the cascade near the spout. Her ears aware of all what Gael was saying but her eyes and attentions were elsewhere. Her distracting gaze focused on the rippling glass surface.

The overwhelming sense of sadness and boredom within her lifted as the waters glassy texture began to change and colors began to form on the surface. Frozen in place, Hannah watched in mind boggling awe, a vision forming before her.

Objects formed and disappeared, then rolled into one image then the next. Eager and confused at once, she turned on to her knees and sat rigid to the spot watching the scene before her clear and unfold.

She gasped as the vision of a breathtaking male human came into focus. Her chest tightened and her heart dipped at such a sight. He was tall and muscular, with a stunning physique that could only be described as perfection. He was perfection.

She felt immensely drawn to him and that in itself stunned her. Angels simply did not evoke such feelings, it simply was not possible and that notion perplexed her deeply.

Her thoughts jumbled in her mind, the sensation she felt staring at him sent a jolting warmth through her. Unknown to her, the more she observed him the more she began to glow.

In a trance, she watched him smile. It was the most gorgeous thing she has ever seen. She trembled with the thought. An urgent need to be near him gave way to another sensation and inadvertently she stretched her fingers into the water. Her skin tingled and the scent of something enticing caught her  that left her gasping for air. So lost in this surreal moment, the hot surge of heat slithered up her spine and her awareness was caught late as Gael squealed her name. Pulled back to the present, she was engulfed in glorious light, her wings extended and ready for flight.

She gasped. A pulsing pain shot through her chest as the vision disappeared. A flush of exhaustion courses through her and like a fading light, Hannah dimmed, her wings went limp and she fainted toppling into the water fountain.

In the commotion of all that witnessed what had happened, Gael rushed to pull her out as the rest bustled into motion to attend to her.

Darkness enveloped her completely.

While she lay limp in Gaels arms unaware as to what has happened, somewhere far beyond everyone's reach, the culmination of her and the destiny of this mysterious male was being entwined.

And so this tale begins.....

*****

Here we go!!!!

Don't forget to comment and like....