Chapter 13

The car ride to the mall would be one he would never forget. The whole ride there, he was losing his mind as he felt her panic attack. He felt agitated communicating with a distressed Nikki as she tried to calm Hannah down and at the same time drive.

It wasn't until they had reached the mall's parking lot and parked, that he slammed his gears into park as well and jumped out of the car, and walked toward them.

The scent of her relief washed over him the moment he opened her side of the door, and she along with the loud music, poured out of the passenger's side into his arms.
"I do not like this," she blurted out, standing straight and nearly climbing all over him as Nikki finally turned off the car.

He glared at Nikki that returned a sheepish smile before she climbed out of her side of the car.

"Jesus, Nikki, did you not see the last two stop signs?" Brody slammed his door and walked up to her.

She huffed and confronted her brother, and their little sibling fight began. Mumbling under his breath, Maddox shook his head at the two of them as they went to insulting one another.

He lowered his gaze to Hannah that clung to him still trembling and looking at the car horrified. As if it would come to life and grab her.

He didn't understand. Has she never driven in a car? He frowned.

"Hey," he murmured.

Slowly her gaze lifted up to look at him.
"I guess it's just you and I, kiddo. These two will be here for a while," he nodded in their direction.

His fingers tingled then as she entwined hers gently with his.

He tugged her forward as she stared dazed and confused at the two of them bickering and walked off toward the main entrance following him. He pulled the door open and led her in first.

Stepping forward into the densely populated entrance, she stood awestruck and wide-eyed by the sheer size of the place.
Her gaze lifted to the top half and she could feel her wings ripple beneath her shoulder blades in anticipation and the slight urge to take flight. Then she lowered her gaze, slowly snapping back to reality. She could not do that. Her shoulders lowered before she turned to look at him.

Soon he found himself being pulled along as she inquisitively went from one store to the next. It was as if she were a child in a toy store. He trailed behind her, taking in her curious gaze filled with wonder as she went from one department store window to another.

She pointed to everything and everyone with the biggest smile. Suddenly he was taking large strides behind her as she dropped his hand and walked off towards something that caught her attention.

She had abruptly stopped before a large window display. Her gaze danced over the mannequin with inquisitive confusion as her fingers trembled and rose to touch the cold glass. He stood behind her then, confused by her scent. He followed her gaze and noticed the familiar storefront. Victoria's Secret...

Awestruck, she stared at the mannequin in a lacy bra and panties, but it did not hold her attention for long he noticed. She slowly walked the expanse of the glass and strolled slowly inside. Her gaze fixated on the poster above another display. He followed her gaze that landed on three Victoria's Secret Models clad in  lacy ensembles with wings.

"It's the new Angel line," a soft female voice said behind him.

He turned slightly to look at a tall woman with dark curly hair and tanned skin; sporting the logo of the store on a black t-shirt that was way too tight for her own good and she knew it as she straightened her spine to thrust her breasts out a bit at him.