Chapter 6

He was caught off guard by the high and unusual number of supernatural beings along with his kind that were present for his audience with the Celestial Council. The factions sat in clusters of their own entity around the large throne room.

Fairies, Spirits, Deities such as Gaia and The...Moriai..the Three fates., sat huddled in miniature circles whispering amongst themselves. The Archangel sensed there was more to this meeting than he thought.

He slowly looked around aware of all those from the different realms of light and only noticing two emissaries from the dark realm.

The whispers all around him lowered to soft murmurs as the focal point of the throne room grew bright. Slowly before them all, on the dais appeared three celestial beings.

Metatron, Zadkiel and Raguel... The highest of the Archangels put in place to oversee, keep order and maintain the peace amongst his kind.

Metatron, the highest of the Archangels left in charge of them all in the creators absense, slowly raised his hands for silence as the vast room slowly grew quiet.

His voice, filled with authority rumbled off the dais towards him.
"Come forward Michael," he beckoned.

Michaels jaw tightened some. Although, Metatron was one of the powerful Archangels, he was still his brother ....his much older brother....by a century and he needed to remember that. Because Metatron will never let him forget it.

"Michael, you have called an audience with the high council in regards to the strange behavior in one of the fledglings."

He nodded.

"Please explain," Metatron urged.

"It has come to my knowledge a few days ago, that a fledgling...a Seraph in training has been experiencing strange behavior after somehow breaching the wards that seperate our realms."

That started a storm of whispers from the observers, their voices combining in a hysterical chatter that swept through the hall.

"How can that be possible? No fledgling much less angels of the lower ranks can pass through the wards." Metatron sat forward.

Michael as baffled with the answer remained silent as Metatron exchanged gazes with Raguel then Zadkiel only to place an acusing gaze on one of the Sentries by the door. The ones that were suppose to guard the gates.

"As you can see..." Michael began.

"She has breached the wards on a couple occasions and has inadvertently crossed paths with one of my own." the soft harmonious voice of a female interrupted.

More murmurs spread far towards the ends of the court. Michael turned and watched Gaia, The moon Goddess slowly approach.

All eyes were on her as she slowly made her to the dais where the Archangels sat.

"What do you mean?" Micheal questioned with a frown.

"I mean...she has developed a fondness for a mortal of the realm." she gazed at Michael carefully.

"You mean...your animals," Michael's jaw clenched.

"A Shapeshifter!" she corrected heatedly.

"An Abomination," he added stepping forward flexing his shoulders and tightening his fists.

"They are no different than you or I, Archangel," she tilted her chin.

The tension between the two thickened by the second.

He snorted with disdain.

"I'm a celestial being of high order, do not compare me to your volatile dogs or whatever they are."