Chapter 49

"Must you really go?" Hannah asked as she sat at the edge of the bed watching Maddox finish getting dressed.

His gaze met hers in the mirror.

Koda immediately perked up as her large brown eyes filled with worry, held his.

He turned slowly and approached her.
"I have to. I need to meet with the other Alpha's in the other territories to get them on board with what is happening."

She nodded. She understood what he had to do. As of late, more and more light beings are turning up dead. The Demon king and his demons are on the hunt and have been seeking them out.

He gently caressed her cheek pulling her thoughts back to the present.
"I won't be gone long. Two days the most but I will be back quickly."

She rose her fingers to caress his hand on her cheek. Gently she turned her face and pressed her lips to his palm. The gesture warmed him to his core. He slowly lowered his head and pressed his lips to hers.

Sensual and soft as always.
His weakness.
It was her kiss filled with so much sweetness that he failed to pull away and he followed her down until he was above her on the sheets.

The preening wolf with the wagging tail was aware of it, he put up no resistance as Mia held his gaze with a come hither thou look of her own.

Maddox made a mental note that he will only be 15 minutes. 15 minutes is all he needed to caress her, kiss her, calm her. Then an hour had passed. He looked at his watch and exhaled. Exhausted but sated all the same he felt her warm, lithe body curl up closer to his. Koda stretched and followed suit beside Mia. He roles his eyes and shook his head as he lay beside Hannah, then chuckled.
Who was he kidding?
A kiss from her was never enough.

"Umm...Alpha?"
The nervous voice of one of the pack member rumbled across his mind.

"Yea "

"We are ready to leave when you are."

"I'll be down in a minute."

He exhaled. It's what he said an hour ago before he got trapped with her soft limbs and sheets.

Deep down he did not want to leave her side. But he needed to go to the west and northwest territories to sit with the Alpha's and their pack. This was a situation that affected all of them. They were part of an enclave of supernaturals. Celestial watchers were in their area and could be targeted as well.

He slowly stood and got dressed. All the while his gaze danced over her sleeping peacefully. He sat down gently at the edge of the bed and watched her for a while. His thoughts drifted to memories of when they first met.

So much has happened in such a short time. Now the fate of all of them falls on her shoulders. 'It was imperative to keep her out of the Demon kings grasp.' Gaia had mentioned.

'A fallen angel can be dangerous' she added. 'they can be easily persuaded '

There was so much he did not understand. He wanted to know more. If he was to have any kind of future with her he needed to know.

But it would have to be when he returns. He needed more answers then what was given to him. He exhaled and slowly stood. He gently leaned over and kissed her cheek.
She moaned gently and borrowed deeper beneath the sheets.

He waited to see if she would wake up. Satisfied that she didn't, he quietly reached for his packed duffle bag on the floor. He paused at the door for a while and glanced over at her one last time before he left.