Chapter 4

Groggy with heavy eyelids, she lay still listening to the hushed whispers beside her bed. It had been a while since there talking had escalated to low whispered arguments.

"How could this have happened?" Uriel asked pinning his gaze to Gael.

"I have no idea. Who knows?  She could have contracted something in the human realm," she shook her head nervously.

"She is a celestial being, she cannot contract "something" from the human realm, Gael," Uriel shook his head in disbelief as the Angel lowered her gaze with embarrassment.

The scoff and snort from Gabriel forced their attention on to him. "Tell that to someone who should have the answers as to why a fledgling glowed so bright; she nearly went supernova in the garden."

They fell silent. None had the answers.
She anxiously laid still waiting for those answers as well. Why did she see those visions? Why did she feel that pull? Why the dull ache in her chest?

"Do you think it can be someone from this realm trying to harm a fledgling?" Gael stepped closer.

Uriel frowned. "I doubt anyone would dare. What do they intend to gain?" he slowly began to pace.

"She is in training for the highest order. It will be a millennia before she is called upon. So that can not be it?" Gabriel added.

"If anyone knows the answers to any of this it would be the celestial council." Michael interrupted.

They turned to watch the archangel step forward.

"How does she fare?" his authoritive gaze landed on her sleeping form beneath the sheets.

"She has not awakened yet. It has been nearly 2 days," Gael informed with worry.

"2 days!" Hannah thought. It felt like an eternity. She felt so weak and drained.

"We must let her rest. Come we have much to do. We need to get to the bottom of this immediately." he ordered.

Left alone, she remained there lost in her thoughts. She remembered him. Tall and muscular. A mere mortal of that she was sure. But there was something more about him, she could not describe it. Something called to her, she could not define it but it was there pulling her forward. She literally toppled over into the fountain reaching for him.

Her heart was leaping from her chest just thinking about him. But why?

Should.. she even find out why? Should she appear before him? The thought intrigued her but all at once, it was not a good idea. She had never interacted with a mortal before.

It was strictly forbidden.

But no matter how much she had tried to put the idea out of her head, she could think of nothing else. She simply needed to know why this happened.

Slowly she sat up, still in a weakened state then she lowered her feet to the ground. Determination filled her soul and she stood up and carefully exited her room. The long white corridor was empty as she made her way to the courtyard darkened by the skies starry night.

Looking around she stepped further in the middle and extended her wings to take flight. Finally in mid celestial air, she dematerialized.

In a matter of seconds she was floating above his realm. His home.

Sifting slowly through the large brick structure, she followed traces of the scent that pulled her until it got stronger. Its been days since she last had a glimpse of him and it felt eternal. Innocent curiosity would be her undoing and the warning burned in the back of her mind as she slowly simmered through the walls to his room.

She froze. Her heart thrummed in her chest as her gaze fell over his muscular form sprawled out on the mattress only in pj bottoms. For a mortal, he was magnificent. Once beside his bed, she gently sat next to him and quietly watched him sleep.

He was beautiful in person than he was in her vision. In repose, he slept soundly. The sight of his muscular chest stole her breath away as his rose then fell slowly. Her fingers itched to trace the line of hair on his chest down towards his stomach where it disappeared beneath his waistband. Curiously she wondered if what lay beneath it was as beautiful as the rest of him.

How she wished to awaken him to see his gorgeous eyes. But she could not. She had already broken every rule by being here with him. She must not be seen. Either way she needed to return or they will notice she was gone.

But...she wanted to stay just a little while longer so she inched closer.

Suddenly sometime had passed. Unable to resist the urge to touch him,  on impulse she placed her soft fingers on his bare chest. Lost in the rhythmic thumps of his heart beneath her palm, she never saw his eyes slowly open until she looked up to find his gaze steady on hers. She gasped.

It was not possible. She was cloaked. How could he see through her spiritual veil?

She went still as he slowly sat up and placed his fingers above hers. A shiver raced visibly through her as her eyes widened like saucers. Absently she licked her lips then tried to move her fingers away. But abruptly he grabbed her hand, catching her off guard as he halted and her body instantly appeared against its will.

Fully materialized and face to face with him they sat in silence. There breaths mingled but no words were spoken. With a powerful tug and a breathless squeak, in a blink of an eye she was beneath him sprawled and tangled in his sheets and every inch of him above her.

"How the hell did you get in here?" he hissed.

Still in shock she remained mute staring up into his eyes. She swallowed the lump in her throat and trembled beneath him.

"You...you can see me?" her voice was barely audible.

He did not answer. He inhaled deeply and his gaze darkened. The air around them slowly thickened and the intimate space between them tightened.

He lowered his head. His lips only inches away from hers. His nostrils flared and a low growl rumbled in his chest.

And it excited her.

Suddenly the summoning chime froze her. His lips connected with hers in a distracting kiss that shook her to the core. She began to flicker beneath him as his kiss deepened and slowly she began to glow. His pull was so strong. But not strong enough. The chime came again.

Abruptly he pulled away. His eyes gleamed with a golden glow and she gasped. Just right before the third chime and before she flicker out of existence, he leaned closer, pinned her body possesively with his and whispered.

"Mine!"

And she was gone.....

*******
Here we go!!!!
Hope you like it....
Comment... share &
Like