Chapter 46

1 month later

It was a day filled with sweat, blood, and tears.

More blood of there's than her own.

"Again!!!" Raphael shouted.

A fist came up aiming for her face, and she just as quickly dodged it and swung back.

She had been placed on a grueling schedule of learning physical combat, archery, and sword fighting. It was needed since word was pressing that the underworld was starting to activate.

As of late, more and more Light Beings were turning up dead. Her time to confront the demon king was getting close. and with each day that brought on a sense fear. A feeling she could not afford to have. 

Therefore, Michael was in charge of combat. Uriel archery and Raphael Sword fighting. Each fought with no mercy, were rigid and unrelenting in their teachings and made sure she felt it. none of this was the same as her training to become a Seraph.

''You are no wilting flower...'' As Michael put it when he met her outside and made the first move.

They all stood on the side and watched as he and Hannah began their practice.

Caught unaware she met the ground numerous times. Maddox was held back as he was losing his mind watching Michael's grueling practices. 

''No ball of light this time, little one,'' he warned her as her fingers began to glow the angrier she got.

''You must learn to rely on your corporeal strength and not your celestial powers, Hannah." Michael drew his legs under her feet and managed to drop her straight on her back.

Winded and exhausted she lay there and watched as he stood above her and looked down at her.

For a while, he held her gaze. Deep down he knew he was being hard on her. but now was not the time to coddle her.  He offered his hand. But she refused it. She finally stood and dusted her self of. 

"This petulant human behavior you have developed does not become you."  He says, watching her stand.

"I don't know what you mean," she quipped brushing the leaves and dirt from her shirt and pants.

"The disregard, the annoyed indifference. The silent treatments, Hannah." He fumed as he stepped closer.

Her head lifted and her gaze met his. "I don't see why that bothers you now you seemed to be good at that my whole life, " She shrugged.

He chuckles shaking his head, but a smile barely forms on his face.

"You know what, I am tired of this. All you have done is mope around like a human brat in her feelings, I have had enough." He faces her.

"You can go then if my human-like attitude offends you."

"Don't hold that tone with me," he stepped closer.

Immediately everyone around them began to scramble from where they stood and began to approach Hannah as her eyes began to glow and his followed. 

"Both of you. That is enough."  Raphael stepped between them.

" I don't understand your hostile behavior. You should be thankful I kept you under our wings. If not who knows where you would have ended up." Micheal fumed.

"You did me no favors...uncle," she responded angrily.

Immediately Raphael reached for her hand and pulled her along to leave. But Michael would not back down, and Maddox began to follow as she as well began to pull away.