Chapter 24

"Hannah! Open the door," his chest constricted as he held her tray of food in one hand while the other pressed to the door.

The urge to kick it down was his next best option, but he had to focus all of his energy on not doing that.

"I brought something for you to eat," he mumbled.
He waited. He listened.
His mind was shrouded in a thick fog of misery and sadness.

Their bond was so strong that he knew the moment she took off and he went after her. Its been a constant thing as of late.
She was suffering.  Her need for answers he could not give her, had her looking up to the skies, literally  beating down heavens door for them.  But , it was no use.

"Baby, please," he begged.

The weight of the tray that moments ago weighed nothing to him, was now noticeable. She hadn't eaten in nearly two days. She refused to come out of the room.

"I'm not hungry," she whispered with a muffled and strained sob. He heard it as clear as day. His heart imploded in his chest with the frailness in her tone.

With a groan he rested his forehead against the door and drew in several breaths as he shut his eyes. He could feel his eyes changing and Kodas incessant pacing wasn't helping. He could feel what was happening to her as if it were taking place in his own body.

"If you don't open this door. I will pull it off of its frame."
Shit.
The threat was out before he could catch himself and immediately he felt that sudden emotional pulse his threat did to her.

"Can we atleast talk?" he begged.

A moment of silence passed. Then the door unlocked and slowly opened.

He stepped into the room that would be clearly empty to the naked human eye, but no to him. His gaze landed on the silhouetted outline of her on the floor by the couch. Her invisible form was curled up with her head resting on the cushion.

He closed the door behind him and placed the tray on the dresser. Then he slowly made his way towards the couch and crouched behind her.

"Hey," he murmured softly reaching for her.

"You are not supposed to see me," she sobbed and pulled away.

He could sense her agitation.

He refused to let her pull away so he inched closer and wrapped his fingers around her waist and pulled her closer.
She did not protest. He could feel the defeat in her as she sniffled and leaned in to his embrace.

"Why am I not supposed to see you?" he asked stretching out his legs and cradling her in his lap.

"I'm cloaked," she said. "I am supposed to be invisible."

He lowered his lips to the back of her head and listened to her.

"But that doesnt matter. I'm defective. I understand now why I am not wanted," her voice cracked. "Why I was cast out."
His heart and stomach dropped simultaneously with what she was saying.

"That's not true," he reached up and caressed her cheek then turned her around to face him. His wolf whined and he moaned looking into wet puffy eyes.

"It is true," a tear fell.

"I can not do anything right. Something is wrong with me," she blurted out. "I'm a disappointment to my kind."

He hissed with the tightness in his chest, it was a freaking miracle he didnt drop dead right there from the raw pain radiating from her.

"No, there is nothing wrong with you," he cupped her cheeks and wiped away her tears but they wouldn't let up.

He pulled her close and pressed his lips to hers wanting to calm her and settle the intense need that was eroding his entire soul to go out and kill whoever upset his mate.