Chapter 12

You will have the mortals physical and mental sense of being. You will endure mortal emotions of Love, temptation of the flesh, and heartbreak in its entirety.

Those were the words that plagued her for the last couple of hours as she lay on the floor in silence.

Eyes tightly shut, wings spread out, she welcomed the dawning light of the morning sun that warmed her skin through the window. She slowly inhaled his scent that still clung to her. It was intoxicating; fresh earth and crisp with hints of sweet, warm spice.

The overwhelming emotions of confusion, desire, and sadness flooded her as she lay there still tingling and flushed from his touch that sent euphoric jolts through her veins.
She ran scared from the kitchen, not from fear of him. But from nearly being exposed.

She rose a shaky finger to her swollen lips. His ardent, passionate kisses rendered her senseless, devoid of any control and her wings nearly expanded right there beneath her.

His arousing touch was too much for her. She fled just in time to make it to her room, lock her door as her wings of their own accord extended.

Her night gown now ruined and in taters is clutched to her breasts as she lay there trembling and lost in the memory of what she did hours ago. She had not slept yet. How could she? She could only see him. She felt alive in his arms. As if soaring above the clouds.

The way he touched her brought a delicious ache between her thighs that she did not understand. It made her skin burn hot that she feared she would glow bright beneath him. Or worse yet. Shimmer away.

That alluring pull of attraction had her bending to his will, and not surprisingly, she gladly surrendered. The thought alone had her shimmering and glowing slightly where she lay. And at the same time, it brought on a sudden sadness because this side of her he could never see.

It was forbidden.

A warm tear escaped her eyes.

Her body reacted to his touch, and she moaned with a longing she did not know could exist.

She did not understand humans ways or their emotions and what he did both confused and excited her so much that ......

She wanted more...

What is she to do? A soft hiccup of a sob escaped her that she could not contain. Why was this happening?

She had so much to learn, and no one to teach her.

"Hannah?" the soft knock came from the door. She stiffened.
It was Nikki.

Slowly she sat up and wiped away her tears.

The knock came again. "Are you alright?"

She slowly stood and retracted her wings. The tattered nightgown, she hid it in the drawer between the clothing Nikki gave her.

"I..I'm alright. I'm getting dressed." she said with a shaky breath pulling on a sweater and shorts.

Slowly she made it to the door and pulled it open to face a beaming smile that slowly disappeared as Nikki faced her.
Nikki gasped and stepped forward.
"Hannah, what's wrong?" concern mottled her friends face as she quickly stepped through the door.

More tears fell, and the overwhelming foreign emotions clogged her throat so much that she couldn't speak.

"Oh! Hannah," She pulled her into her arms.

The gesture puzzled her - it...felt comforting.

Nikki pulled away and wiped the tears from her eyes.
"What do you say we take off with Maddox's platinum and go to the Mall and go shopping." she smiled with a wink holding up a silver plastic square in her hand.