Happy TEN THOUSAND!!!

Happy Ten thousand everyone!!! We really have come a long way, haven't we? In just two years we have taken one of most anxious periods of our time and capitalized it into a treasure-trove of creativity. Not only this story but my sequel and countless others as well across the board. The bonus chapters will continue and although I have taken a hiatus since the last video. I will start uploading video voice overs of this story on YouTube in the foreseeable future. I only ask that you will be patient. Now to celebrate I will regale a few questions inquired from both stories as well as answer any specific questions regarding certain characters and their role in my narrative compared to canon. 

Warning Spoilers for Naruto Shippuden Kakashi X Mina Sequel up to chapter 20 as well as Boruto Gaiden

If you want to avoid these spoilers, skip over this part. Your support not only for my content but Pungp's as well as other creators is and will always be greatly appreciated. 

Question # 1: Will you republish the Boruto Gaiden story and recontextualize it for the Kakashi X Mina trilogy?  

I do intend to add the Boruto era and create a trilogy of sorts however I will not republish that story since the first couple chapters are what I consider a parody of the Naruto Gaiden Arc and one of my earliest works on this platform. If anything, I would more than likely start from the revamp of that story are start from the dark past chapters onwards.

Question 2: Why so many changes in the Pain arc in the sequel?

If you haven't read up to chapter twenty, I'd suggest clicking off this page and reading it then come back but if you already have or don't care about spoilers than I will provide. I spared certain characters because I didn't want to follow canon exactly; hence the point of a what if story. For example, an argument could be made that Jiraiya didn't have to die against Pain and could have fled with the intel, but outside of the identity behind Pain his mission was complete. In canon it was done as a passing of the torch and for Naruto to undergo a deep resentment and have reality set in as well as reflect on how vengeance can drive people towards the dark path. In our story Zabuza had a mentor like role with Naruto but not to the point of a father figure like Jiraiya or Iruka. So, if he were to perish around the events of the Pain arc but before Konoha's destruction, then we could make the argument that the demon of the mist would have replaced Jiraiya in terms of that particular narrative. 

Question # 3: Will Mina have a tragic end?

I'm not too sure about that. If I killed Mina off the rest of the story would feel hollow since as of March 17, 2022, I don't think I would be able to write off her demise and later reanimation in the war arc in a good or satisfactory way. I know you can' t please everyone in that regard but I would like to avoid killing off Mina if narratively possible.

Question 4: I understand how in the feudal era the average life expectancy for ninja and samurai was roughly in their 30s and the culture was completely different than what we have in the modern era. Also, Yasahime the sequel to Inuyasha wrote Sesshomaru and Rin together with twin daughters and Yasahime being the daughter of Inuyasha and Kagome. So, my question is... have you seen or read the series? and if you have done so, did it inspire or motivate you to create these child ocs such as Kobura, Kitsune, and Ken? 

To answer this first question, yes, I have read Yasahime (so far), but I have watched Inuyasha the anime.  As for the OCS, Ken was already created by Pungpp and has become a fan favorite in the community. As for Kitsune and Kobura, I feel that Zabuza and Anko having a kid would further solidify their relationship from the hot fling it started as to truly acknowledging the deeper love they had for each other. As for Kitsune, I wanted to reflect a more mature Naruto since a lot of his part one stupidity boiled down to largely ignorance: and with Mina being a sisterly and motherly figure to Naruto and the bond they've formed in our story, Naruto wouldn't be as ignorant. 

Not to mention Naruto and Hinata were betrothed adolescents who had little to no supervision outside Jiraiya who outside of training would sneak off for "inspiration" and Shino who was the acting chunin for the team but kept to himself a good chunk of the time. The teen pregnancy trope maybe a deal breaker for some but I promise it doesn't take away from the story too much; rather Kitsune being born cements the larger and improved joining of Naruto and Hinata's relationship prior to Naruto the Last. 

Question # 5: Do you hate Naruto the Last?

No, I do not. I will admit I prefer the novelization to the film but that is my provocative. If anything, my gripe if any would be how it made Neji's sacrifice redundant. Yes, the war arc was a tremendous hurtle for Kishimoto when he was writing weekly and there are press releases and interviews (and I'm paraphrasing) where night guy or the death of Might Guy would be more appropriate to the narrative. Sure, there's some cynicism that Neji was killed off to create impact for the war arc and a gut punch to the fans since Neji was a popular character. However, the merit that argument ensues is mostly meta and would be more akin to marketing than what would best work for the story.  If it were up to me, I would have Hiashi die instead of Neji as a final atonement for what Neji had to go through not only the ridicule of being born into the branch family and his father's death; rather a final reconciliation between the Hyuga twins as they reunite in the afterlife of the Shinobi world. This would still play into Naruto's brief despair stemming from his poor reactions to death and grief and also highlight Hinata's resolve to push Naruto and herself beyond it to win the war and save the world. 

Question #6:  Where are the remaining bonus chapters?

I have almost finished Bonus chapter #2 and should be published by the end of this week. Also, I want to address that any OVA specific storylines or any of the filler at the tail end of part one plays relatively the same and I wouldn't change too much anyway. However, I will add and explore different storylines like Gaara's deal with the Anbu in exchange for Tayuya (which was originally going to be its own arc but given where the characters are in this story it would have felt like filler so make it a bonus chapter story felt better and wouldn't take away from the main story too much. If you guys want, I can expand and republish the bonus chapters in a collective volume call it Kakashi X Mina OVA; and maybe a Kakashi X Mina Movie where I write an original story for the power couple after the events of Shippuden but before Kakashi's inauguration as the Sixth Hokage, Naruto the Last, and of course Boruto Naruto Next Generations.    

I have one final announcement, for I will be publishing a little tribute to Pungpp to commemorate two years of our partnership as well as the 10K milestone for this story since I technically missed the anniversary last month. Once again thank you all for two years and many more to come of your continued support. Happy St. Patrick's Day!!! Although it'll more than likely be afterwards by the time this part gets published. 

Coming soon....

KAKASHI X MINA GAIDEN!!!!