Chapter 24 Devilish Pride The Rivals Battle

Upon recovery, Sasuke reflected on what transpired and was dumbfounded as to why Itachi would prioritize a loser like Naruto over their battle his vengeance. He then challenges Naruto to a fight and with the video background as a drop piece this fight goes similar to canon except Sasuke's even more conflicted and stewing in his own pride and frustration. Although similar unlike the bell test, where Sasuke was throwing a tantrum, the orphan Uchiha was trying to kill his adopted brother by using the full ferocity of his recovered might. However, Naruto manages to place the sealing tag on Sasuke during the fight. Naruto knew some context given what's he heard however, similar to canon he can't relate to it. Naruto was an orphan from the beginning where as Sasuke had a livelihood and a family only for it to have been taken away. Regardless, Sasuke's discovered a new family in Mina and Team 7 just as Naruto had gained a family in Hiruzen, Mina, Iruka, Team 7, his comrades, hell the entire Hyuga clan if you count his engagement to Hinata. Sasuke's deluded by his pride and is allowing vengeance to guide his actions. Naruto plays out the fight trying to help his brother vent his anger thus leading to the first and proper rasen-chidori clash. However before it could collide, Kakashi intercepted the two causing their attacks to crash into two separate water towers. Kakashi then scolds Sasuke regarding his behavior and how the one thousands Birds Chidori was a killing blow. Sasuke then storms off but not before noticing Naruto's water tower was completely destroyed from the back causing most of the water to evaporate on impact. This angered Sasuke and damaged his pride even more. He then went to blow off some steam knowing how Mina would react.

A few hours later, it was decided that Kakashi would be the one to talk with Sasuke. The boy was reaching his lowest point after his bitter reunion with Itachi and some perspective of a shinobi's darkness could do him some good. Sasuke's laid back on the branch of a tree until he's tied against it by ninja wire. Kakashi gives the same speech as in canon with the only real difference being that the only deep person he cares about still being alive is Mina and the boy's just badmouthing stewing in his own anger and pride. Kakashi the left Sasuke to reflect and think as the sound four then descend to make their challenge.

Next Time:

Chapter 25

Sasuke Versus The Sound Four

A Dark Soul's Temptation