Chapter 38 The Epic Comeback A Foe that can see the Future

After Boruto gains some added perspective from his prodigy uncle Neji and Sasuke interacts with kid Naruto, they each undergo a valued lesson in how their misguided actions have and could hurt those they care about. Meanwhile, Kakashi confronts Ken regarding his Sharingan and the deeper connections of everything going on. Ken saw no point in lying to his father and he had already made that mistake with his mother. "So you're my son from the future and Mina hasn't given birth to you yet", the copy ninja deduced.  Ken simply complied as the two  were then confronted by Lady Tsunade the Fifth Hokage. "Lady Hokage?!!!", the father and son retorted. "I thought there was more to that circus act but this is ridiculous. You might as well tell me what's going on", Tsunade interjected. Ken regaled the relevant intel of the situation without spoiling Sasuke or the future too much and after which they rush over to ensue Urashiki's defeat.

Meanwhile the enemy in question made his move and the boys and Jiraya put up the same fight as in canon until the arrival of the of the cavalry. Upon arrival, Urashiki devours the chakra from his eyes and transforms into his final form.  Ken wants just payback and activates his Sharingan with his father doing the same. The two lead the fight while Tsunade supports and advises Boruto to take Naruto and retreat. However, the son is just as stubborn as the father and the duo proceeds to flank within blind spots and counter whenever they can. Jiraya despite the concerns of the nine-tails with the addition of Tsunade, he seizes an opportunity...SAGE MODE!!!

Unfortunately, he'll need time to summon those two and resonate off them. Tsunade scolds the boys for not listening and uses the full extent of his powers and notices out of the corner of her eye, Jiraya gathering nature energy or Senjutsu. "So that bad huh, well it can't be helped I am the Hokage", Tsunade thought. She then activated the secret jutsu of the Byakugo seal the 100 Healings Jutsu and dashes headfirst at the false god; right as Ken and Kakashi were getting overwhelmed. As a consequence of transforming, Urashiki no longer can utilize his Rinnegan's futuristic foresight which gives our hero a crucial advantage. Ken and Kakashi's father-son tag team puts up much more of a fight than Naruto and Boruto. However, the transformation on top of eating his chakra gorge, healed and made him even stronger. The son and grandson of the White Fang have one last maneuver but its a drastic one. "Ken I'm proud of you for growing up to be this strong however, I need you to channel the power of the susanoo one more time while resonating with me. Can you do that?", Kakashi bequifed to his son. Ken knew using Susanno again would drain his chakra again but he was willing to risk it.  Ken lunged at Urashiki with Purple lightning which Urashiki swats at. Ken then poofs into dust thus a shadow clone; while Kakashi launched multiple kunai infused with Chidori and used Kamui to warp the real Ken cloaked in his Susanno wielding Purple Lightning and using the electromagnetic momentum from the Chidori kunai(s) to slice through the Kamui as the Susanno pierced right through Urashiki. However, at the very last second Urashiki attempted to use a chakra blast to negate Ken's attack and although Ken burst right through it, the enemy was able to safe himself by sacrificing his wings. He can use the stored chakra to levitate but now that he's transformed, he has to rely on what he has.  Urashiki not only lost his wings but a lot of chakra as well, he's severely weakened. Kakashi and Ken look on with melancholy as the both collapse from chakra exhaustion. (AN:  This attack is essentially the tag team version of Dual Sharingan Kakashi's ultimate in the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm game series)

Urashiki is furious and decides to lash out by actually altering the timeline and killing them and claiming the Nine-tails power. Before this point he was being playful trying to get some thrill out of those weaker and beneath him. Not only that Urashiki also has an epiphany and realized that he would have won by now if it weren't for that Genjutsu but Ken never used hand signs or ocular notions through his Sharingan. "Of course!!! The father Kakashi must have observed the fight and stealthily intervened. How could I Urashiki Otsutsuki have fallen for such an obvious trick?!!!", Urashiki contemplated. "DAMN YOU FILTHY MORTALS!!!", Urashiki ranted as he propelled our heroes into the far distance and disrupting Jiraiya's summoning of the two great toads. Boruto tries to exploit the God's rage by making himself the target, "I don't care if your the vessel anymore, Just Die!!!", Urashiki roared as he forged a construct into a blade and proceed to strike the brat down until his blade was countered by the arrival of Sasuke Uchiha.

Sasuke although semi recovered thanks to kid Sakura, joins the battle and everything lines back up until Urashiki unleashes a bombarding barrage of charka blasts incapacitating everyone except Tsunade as Shizune arrived to save her mistress and alongside a concerned Mina helps Lady Hokage drag Kakashi and Ken along with the Hokage herself to safety.  Simultaneously, Urashiki conjured a smaller more direct blast and fired it straight for Naruto. The projectile was moving so fast Naruto could barely see it coming. Even though he was unable to utilize Sage mode, Jiraya enhance himself enough to intercept and tank the attack for his pupil. Jiraya lets out a gaping gasp of mixed pain and shock as he then collapsed seemingly lifeless. 

At that moment Naruto snapped and becomes consumed in his rage, fluctuating the nine-tails power and his own chakra sporadically and wildly. Urashiki is ecstatic by the fox awakening, and all he has to do is wait for the knucklehead to kill himself by his own rage and the Nine-tails will be his. Can our heroes pull off the impossible? Will Boruto be able to save his father? How will this affect the expanding story as we know it? Find out...

Next time:

Chapter 39

The Father-Son Rasengan

Sakura's investigation