Chapter 10 The Prodigy versus the Loser; Two Halves of the same Hell

Disclaimer: With the addition of Mina, twenty-two competitors compete in the tournament round rather than twenty-one in canon. As a result there should have been eleven matches; In canon Kabuto Yakushi dropped out to limit the roster to twenty so the matches continue. However, Kabuto didn't drop out but rather his opponent was recently assassinated before his match was called upon. Thus Kabuto was taken to the finals by forfeit. In order to prevent confusion this match was after Sasuke's so nothing is altered from chapter six. Anyway let's get back into the action. 

The day before the match, Kakashi and Mina decide to meet with Jiraya to discuss Naruto's training at a bar. Though Mina's never been into that kind of thing. The trio then find a seat while ordering their food, however the first thing the Pervy sage asks for is some sake and the waitress well you know rather "subtly "; only to receive a slap to the face. "So how's Naruto's training?", the copy ninja asked changing the subject. Jiraya held a rather solemn yet tired expression. "Hmm she hides them rather well. Kakashi you lucky dog."  "Exhausting but he's a good kid but kinda foolish", Jiraya replied. "But he's got good sense at least", Kakashi countered jovially  Mina a bit miffed in the fact that Jiraya was the intended godfather, decides not to bring it up considering how things have turned out. While Mina was lost in thought, the conversation continued, until she was referred to once more. "Mina have a drink", Jiraya pitched while handing the cup. "B-but...I've never drank alcohol", Mina replied while accepting the drink and taking a sip. "Yuck. not tasty at all", a disgusted Mina replied. "hahahaha you're such a little kid", Jiraya responded amused. Mina was flustered while the lightweight slowly began to space out. Kakashi and Jiraya were continuing the conversation until he noticed a certain someone. "Mina why do you keep staring at me like that?", Kakashi asked. "Because you're really smart...", Mina replied in a blushingly red stupor. "Yeah she's drunk", Kakashi and Jiraya thought. Mina starts drooling and regaling old Gaiden stories and the years they've had. "I-I told you not to say weird things in public like that", Kakashi politely retorts as Mina leans in closer. "Don't be shy Kakashi hehehe", Mina replied as she pressed her chest closer to his forearm. Jiraya just drinks his sake solemnly. "I'm jealous".  

Eventually, Mina began to tucker and Kakashi thought he was finally getting a little rest. However, our legendary Pervy Sannin sought an opportunity. "Hey!!! If you're uncomfortable we can change seats". "No I'm good Lord Jiraya but thank you anyway", Kakashi replied. "Tch. You really piss me off", Jiraya thought not noticing that he said that out loud. Overhearing this, Mina begins to stir, "I don't want to sit near Jiraya-sama... his dirty mind". "Hey!!!", Kakashi objects as Drunk Mina then snuggles closer to her copy ninja. "But If he was you... I dare... hehe", Mina pinned. "Oi Sit still!!!", Kakashi objected as the Pervy sage just continued his food and sake in silence. Mina kept pinning and pinning against Kakashi as he tried to settle her down as people were staring. "Oh! You're blushing right now", Mina replied continuing her drunken advances.   As the evening continued, Mina kept ordering more and more Sake. Jiraya indulged of course but Kakashi was trying to keep the drunken dame's intake to a minimum. Drunk Mina was reaching her breaking point, "Your blush is too cute! I can't...Kakashi!!!", Mina declared as she pounced and pinned herself on top of the flustered copy ninja, causing Jiraya to spit take his sake in shock and silent retort. "Mina You're Drunk!!!", Kakashi pleaded while the nose bleeding Jiraya was requested for assistance. Jiraya eventually paid the tab and the three left to get the blue dame to sleep. She has a big day tomorrow as does the rest of the village in what's to come. Meanwhile, Sasuke was at the Haruno house undergoing strategizes and tactics with Sakura before being dragged into dinner by the cherry blossom's meddling mother. Sakura is a bit embarrassed though is happy that Sasuke is showing genuine happiness for the first time in awhile, even if he won't admit it.  

    The next day, the tournament resumes as our favorite knucklehead ninja is rather thrilled. "Today's the day, believe it!!!" , Naruto exclaimed loudly to himself as he headed onto the tournament ground. Haku stirred in the room next door and just sighs due to the previous events. He should be used to gore from being a former assassin. However, he was the apprentice to a rouge Ninja doing mercenary work. Sure he saw gore and Hell in the shinobi world but he never saw in from a proper perspective with bonds and comrades taken into account. "I'm just glad the others survived", Haku regales to himself. "Haku what're moping for man the finals start today and I take my next step to becoming Hokage believe it!!!", Naruto exclaimed. Haku puts on a supportive face as they head out; Team Ice was literally alongside him and he should lead by example, so he doesn't fail his comrades again. The two then leave the house to meet up with their friends and civilians alike at the new battle arena and stage for the finals of the tournament.