Foreground

Mina is an OC character that blends well outside of the filler scenes in the anime. I won't spoil the overall story of how they fell in love since most of the backstory is in a separate story Kakashi X Mina Gaiden. So, I won't spoil it, but I will give you a brief summary of Mina herself going into the story. Mina is an orphan child from a family that creating innovative technology for the shinobi world prior to the Boruto era of course. However, her father and everyone who was working at their estate were targeted and killed off by bandits; with her being the sole survivor. Trying to survive she stumbles across a young girl who was feeding a cat. The two bond and Mina lives amongst them for some time (ideally a few days). One day the small village is confronted by bandits. Since it's a smaller community within the land of fire, a young shinobi is dispatched to deal with the bandits. His name is Kakashi Hatake son of the White Fang. Mina is memorized as if it was love at first sight. She claims to her friend that she's going to Konohakure to see Kakashi; however, due to boyish appearance and tomboyish nature she's easily confused for a boy. Mina tells the girl she's a girl and gives her a briefcase she managed to steal of screen during the fighting; which had a ton of money in it much to the girl's surprise.

That's all I'm going to say please go to Pungpp on DeviantArt and/or his vlog for the story. Now on to the what if.