Chapter 4: The Demon and The Snow The Value of Comrades over Tools?!!!

Upon arrival, Everyone took the time to regroup and rest; that is until the little Konohamaru starts to feel a little smoke coming from his butt. With a huge pop, the sealing scroll is undone but because Kakashi is so low on chakra Tazuna was released forcibly causing a small propulsion leading to Konohamaru falling head first into the water. "Raaaaaaah that was a good long nap", The bridge builder bellowed. While Pakkun was fishing Sarutobi's brat out of the water, the Genin are rather concerned. "I'm glad that Zabuza guy's done now but how were you able to pull the switcharoo over him like that", Sakura asked. "Well here's another lesson a ninja be see the meanings within the hidden meanings", Kakashi replied. Sakura was perplexed by the crudeness of their sensei's wording. "Aww come on Kakashi-sensei you planted the real scroll in Konohamaru's pouch while he was sleeping back at the border when we camped for night. It was so...obvious", Naruto bantered trying to sound cool. The trio are amazed by their boss and idol's attitude but all the idiot really did was deduce common sense. Sakura in response throws a shuriken at Naruto causing the boy to dodge until he's decked right in the gut before he could regain his footing. "Now Naruto did you see the deeper meaning in that?", Kakashi coined questionably. Naruto grunted in retort as he wrapped around his stomach.  "Regardless of the obvious, one of us should scout the perimeter and run reconnaissance", Mina suggested.   Iruka pondered for a moment  recognizing what they should do next .  

It was decided that he would be the one to run reconnaissance what Kakashi in the kids would rest Mina wasn't as drained but still she chose to stay by Kakashi's side while giving Sakura some light training. Sasuke did his usual train and brude routine. Naruto left to do his own training while Konohamaru, Moegi, and Udon reluctantly stayed behind. "Even though Zabuza's defeated Mr. Tazuna's bounty is still in place. Which means someone even the towns people could take out or offer him for the money", Moegi reasons. "Pretty sound logic for a bunch of ignorant nobodies", Inari bantered. 

This the kid who parallel to Naruto during this arc in canon. But here he's actually interacting with Konohamaru. Which at the point of the story is quite the spoiled brat. "What's the big idea?", Konohamaru questioned. "There's no such thing as heroes so why bother", Inari replied. "Heh just you wait Big Brother Naruto will prove just how wrong you really are!!! Besides, politics aside you're an even bigger brat than I am. You talk big but its just an act cause you feel lonely after that Kaiza guy was killed. Trust me little emo bad mouthing isn't gonna solve anything. Either learn to deal with and fight your own battles or get outta way", Konohamaru replied trying to sound deep and inspiring like Naruto. However, the speech completely backfired as Inari snapped and completely pounced on him. Two boys fought with Konohamaru's scarf a constant disadvantage.
Moegi and Udon were desperately trying to get the two to stop even going as far as using sexy justu. Alas, Inari's young mind was too undeveloped to properly react to what was in front of him. But it confuse him enough for the Sarutobi to get out of his grasp. "Had enough punk?!", Konohamaru asked with a bloody nose. "Just shut your mouth!!! You don't get to speak his name. What would a snot nose brat like you know about anything!!!", Inari retorted crying. At that moment Konohamaru and crew had an epiphany, regardless of politics you still need money to commission a contract. Sure because this is Tazuna's hometown so he was able to bind it for a cheap price, but the people still pitched and pinned the money out of pocket in secret until someone snitched and Gato got wise. Thus Kaiza was killed as an example. Konohamaru is too stubborn to openly address it so Moegi does it for him. "Mr. Kaiza...it was recent wasn't it?" Inari just nodded with tears in his eyes. 

Naruto as he just got back after waking up in the forest and the catfishing that followed walked in on the scene. "Konohamaru you obviously said something you shouldn't have so just apologize. Inari you too we can't help your grandfather finish the bridge if we're wasting time stopping you guys from fighting ya know?!!!", Naruto scolded. Inari grunted in frustration but deep down he knew the blonde was right. "I'm sorry", Konohamaru muttered. This led to a shock amongst the kids. "I said what I said but it doesn't make it right. Let's just get this done okay?", he continued. Inari just scowled as the two walk away from each other. Naruto went with the others to deduce that Zabuza was still alive and they devised a plan which would end being the final battle.