Bonus Chapter #1 The Demon's Redemption A New Generation is Born

As previously stated, these bonus chapter will comprise of short stories and Konoha's experiences since the time-skip and the adventures of other characters while Naruto, Hinata, Kiba, and Shino are undergoing training under Jiraiya. Think of the Tales of Ba Sin Se from the Avatar series. This first chapter revolves around the sensei and a key point that cultivates the new generation a little bit early, but the shinobi endure and guide all the same.  You are free to skip these if you wish and venture onto Naruto Shippuden: Kakashi x Mina sequel; either way on with the story.

A few months have passed since Team Jiraya's departure and outside of Konoha's reconstruction effort, everyone's continuing their day to day lives and their training. However, for a certain kunoichi, its about to get a little worse before it gets better.  Anko, Kurenai and Mina were observing Asuma and Zabuza's training session on their day off. The snake kunoichi has developed quite the belly and is about to pop. Asuma smirked on how Zabuza probably has to fish for his food given the circumstances. "You were holding in that one weren't you? So worth the wait", Zabuza cringed. "Now Now let's be happy for them. After all Anko's baby will the first of a new generation, and its our responsibility to guide them and who ever come there after", Might Guy bellowed making the scene. Kakashi apologizes for their late arrival, "Guy wanted to settle one of our challenges on the way". Mina nods rubbing her belly eagerly awaiting her and Kakashi's child while Kurenai was slightly envious. Anko reassures her lifelong friend that she's better off at the moment. "Oh weren't you singing a different tune just a few months ago", Mina snickered. "Why You!!!", Anko snarled only to be held back by an annoyed Zabuza. Anko then reflects on her past while cradling her stomach, she may not see peace in her lifetime but the future might. 

Kakashi and Zabuza sparred next, the demon of the Leaf wanted to learn earth style to best Kisame in their rematch. Asuma snickered while Guy was monologuing about the power of youth to the soon to be new generation; much to the kunoichi's annoyance.  After a while, Asuma had to leave. "you have to go without Kurenai in tow I'm surprised", Zabuza trolled. "I-I-I have no idea what you mean!!!", Asuma blushed profusely. Kurenai blushed but was a bit more subtle in her reaction. "If you must know I have to train Shikamaru. He's been taking more initiative since "the incident". Kakashi gave a death glare with his good eye while Guy and the others were concerned for Mina. It has almost been a year since Sasuke's desertion.  "Lady Hokage's requested me a mission starting tomorrow so I need to get going too", Zabuza remarked. "Oh I got assigned to that mission too, good thing its a reconnaissance run. Although if my eternal rival went along, maybe I can request Lady Hokage...", Might Guy was then cut off by a triple kunoichi death glare. The intensity almost made his skin crawl. "I appreciate it Guy but maybe another time", Kakashi reassured. "Before I forget Anko should I get a blue or Pink garb on the way home?", Zabuza asked condescendingly. 

 Anko was completely surprised at this, sure they've had their fun and grew closer over these past several months but she never expected anything like what she had with the Demon of the Mist let alone what happened when she found out she was pregnant.

***Flashback***

Anko awoke with a snarly pit in her stomach, eyes dilated, among other symptoms or lack there of. She decided to head over to the medical corps however, a kunoichi wouldn't need Princess Tsunade to know what her condition was.  Anko the verrucous wasn't shocked at the news yet strangely insecure in spite of the rather good news. It's not like she wanted to retire, she's still going to fight for the village. However, she couldn't shake the thought regarding the growth in her belly. Not to mention what Zabuza's reaction will be. As she was lost in thought a messenger hawk from the ANBU informed her of her next assignment: a reconnaissance mission to the Great Naruto Bridge to deflect and combat potential Atakaski  members entering the land of fire. However, before her official acceptance, she and Team Ice would have to pass a physical for record of the new fiscal year. She cursed her frustrations of feudal bureaucracy and headed over to Ibiki and the interrogation corps.