Chapter 23 The Tsukuyomi The Darkness is Nigh

Naruto looks up in fear at the two men in front of him. The taller one was was obviously scary almost like a mutated fish out of water; while the shorter man was cold and icy yet familiar at the same time. "Sasuke...no who is he? He's got the same Sharingan as Sasuke ", Naruto inquired to himself. "Naruto, you will come with us", Itachi demanded sinisterly. Meanwhile Sasuke reflects on the man, the rouge, his brother that slaughtered their clan and betrayed the village desperately searching for his adopted brother and trying to safe him from his own stupidity. His Two-temol Sharingan awakens to life as he festers in his hatred. 

Ultimately this goes about the same with Jiraya saving Naruto from the two and Itachi using the Tsukuyomi on Sasuke making him relive the Uchiha massacre causing a mental breakdown for the boy and that hidden darkness Orochimaru was just pining to exploit resurfacing. Itachi and Kisame then get away after using the Amaterasu and Jiraya using a fire seal scroll to analyze it. By the time everyone returns to the village, Lady Tsunade, Shizune, and Mina have returned. Mina distraught after hearing what had occurred and gave Naruto an earful for being stupid enough to open the door in the first place; though Kakashi points out that Kisame and the Samehada could sense the nine-tails chakra so it probably wouldn't have mattered. Nonetheless, Sasuke would be under careful supervision during his recovery. Sakura and Hinata rush over to the hospital after hearing the news. While Mina is holding back a ferocious and desperate Sakura, Hinata notices how Naruto's fuming yet shaking in fear at what had just occurred. Down the corridor Kiba and Shino notice the commotion after visiting Kurenai-sensei for milder injuries; despite Asuma-sensei leaving a bouquet. "I don't know why they're hiding it at this point everybody already knows by now except Naruto but he's an idiot", Kiba commented. "Kiba do you perhaps resent Naruto because Hinata adores him?", Shino finally brought up. "W-what the hell you brought t-t-that up for man?!!!", Kiba flustered. Shino just glanced nonchalantly. Kiba then sighed as he showed his first true sense of humility; "I maybe liked her back at the academy alright?! But ever since we became Team 8 she's become like my baby sister you know. And if Naruto fucks it up I'll kill him myself", Kiba confessed. Shino then pats Kiba on the head, "You're learning my friend I'm happy for you". "Then why the hell are you petting me?!!!" Kiba retorted. Akamaru just barked adorably as the two boys bickered.

"augh can you all knock off the bullshit I'm trying to sleep here?!!!", Zabuza growled in annoyance. "Master Zabuza you're awake!!!", Naruto and Haku exclaimed. Everyone was then is overjoyed as Haku regained consciousness as well. "I hope we didn't make you guys worry", Haku blushed. "Don't worry about us Haku you should get some rest", Mina replied endearingly. "You just had to pick a fight with Shark breath Zabuza. If it were any other opponent we would have won!!!", Zaku retorted.  At that moment, two kunai then lunged in Zaku's direction just barely missing his plug terrifying him. "Just keep running that mouth and see what happens. Honestly you're gonna get yourself killed one of these days", Anko critiqued. "Oh and why all motherly all of a sudden? Practice for you and Zabuza's baby maybe hahahahahahahaha", Zaku bellowed condescendingly. Anko was about to retort in response before she suddenly made a B-line to the bathroom. Just about everybody knew what that meant especially Zabuza and Zaku knew it. "Where's my scroll?" the demon asked quietly as he was oozing killing intent. "Zabuza calm down", Mina advised. "Master Zabuza?", Haku pleaded. Zaku knew what was gonna happen next and he did not want to die to see it. "Every man for himself!!!", Zaku screamed as he removed his medical bindings and made a break for it Dosu running in tow as Zabuza then summoned the executioner's blade and began chasing the two in a heap of fury that is until he was suddenly smacked so hard, he was sent flying all the way to the grounds to the forest of death. "Find him and make sure he's here to support Anko", Lady Tsunade ordered. "Y-yes Lady Hokage", the squads understood as they began their search. Shizune, Kurenai, and Mina would go see Anko while the kids were dismissed and Haku leading the search as to where his master landed. 

Eventually, Sasuke begins his recovery and everyone holds a staff party for him but one thing's left unresolved. "Naruto I want to fight you, too", Sasuke bellowed. The orphan had something to prove and his pride will prevail. The tension between the brothers is worse than its ever been. How would the brothers endure through this personal crossroads and could the rift be mended or is sasuke consumed by his pride and lust for power? Find out 

Next Time:

Chapter 24

Devilish Pride 

The Rivals Battle