Chapter 12 The Invasion Begins!!!

While the finals were taking place the joint operation of the Hidden Sand and Hidden Sound were conducting their final operations for the assault. Each ninja were prepping sealing scroll and summoning's to attack key points in the village hidden in the leaves. All they needed was the signal.
Meanwhile at the tournament, we next have the Sasuke and Garra fight. Which ultimately goes about the same with the exception being that Garra has a harder time controlling the one tail. Thus in an attempt to salvage the operation, Kabuto casts the signal and the masses are caught in the Genjutsu while giant Boas and the enemy force make their move. It's pure chaos just like the "Kazekage" intended. " Lord Kazekage what's the meaning of this?", Lord Third demanded. "Enough formalities Lord Hokage after all your village is on the verge of ruin and its people will burn", Lord Kazekage hissed cunningly. "So its how I feared you've finally made your move Orochimaru", Hiruzen monologued as the battle of the Hokage and the rouge Sannin commenced.
From here Naruto vs Garra goes about the same since Sakura can't use Genjutsu on Garra otherwise Shukaku would be unleashed right then and there. The only real change is the fact that Kankuro had to face a two vs one tag team against Shino and Sai. Sais tempted to kill off Kankuro but he's stopped when Shino carries a nonverbal glare. "You know the more you slay in the "greater good" the more tragically you'll be cut down in retribution." Sai lowers his blade when at that exact moment Shino collapsed. The Beetle specialist had been poisoned ever so slightly. Sai uses the super beast scroll for two constructs; one as a sealing technique for incapacitating Kankuro and the other two carry Shino to medical attention. However, Kankuro in a desperate gamble,  used the last of his chakra to se a puppet clone while he escaped through a smoke bomb. "Heh he's efficient minded but still naïve", Kankuro quipped to himself under the fog.

Back at the village, destruction is on full display and casualties on both sides are piling up by the minute. Danzo considered saving his old rival in an attempt to save face but the indulgence of his partnership with the Snake Sannin was too damning to risk exposure. Though he relents knowing full well that he will not become 5th due to overall suspicion. However, he can still carry some assistance in his comrades final stand. "Deploy Team Ice and have them confront and engage Orochimaru and his lackeys". "Sir but we have no confirmation on the abilities of those four outside of maintaining that Barrier Jutsu. It's a suicide run", an Root agent reported. "Team Ice comprises of three sound traitors and a mist orphan. If you're so concerned send in Zabuza as well. The rest of us will prioritize the enemy and protecting civilians", Danzo replied. 

And with that the order was cast and the stage is set for what's to come. 

The battle continues  Next Time...

Chapter Thirteen

The Mentor's regret!!!

The Sound Trio's Revenge!!!