36

Hamad International Airport – 5th February 2018

MYRA'S PHONE WALLPAPER has changed from chocolate candies to a quote by Sainte Augustine last night. 'The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page.' Even her brand new silver suitcase had a map of the world painted in blue and purple on one side.

Her prayers have been accepted and she is travelling with Emraan Jahani. This sudden trip has brightened her somber life.

Clearheaded, she stood in Hamad International Airport surrounded by Zaynoul's cheery classmates and their families. The teachers were in the process of verifying names and waiting for dawdlers. Turning her eyes around, she admired what has been concluded as one of the coolest airport. The vaulted ceilings appeared to be rippling like waves on a silent day at the beach, mirroring her state of mind, telling to keep going on. Every lustrous surface is spotless and despite the crowd pacing around to go through the final steps before a new adventure, the place had an unusual silence.

Though the chattering kids often reprimanded by the teachers never allowed the complete quietude near her eardrums to be specific.

"Myra, check in," Noorie called out, touching her shoulder and pointed where everyone moved. "Where are you lost?"

Myra shook her head and pushed her trolley forward, following the group. In order to look mature among the middle aged parents, she had worn a sangria red dress on black leggings and short black heels.

"Are you serious? This is the complete violation of standard travelling clothes," Zaynoul admonished, crossing his arms beneath the black Nike logo on his sweater when he noticed her in the kitchen having a quick snack after breakfast.

"You can bet your sweet life. I'm supposed to look like your elder sister not little. If I wear jeans and Converse, I could be considered as one of the students for the entire trip."

"Come on Myra, they are all aware that you are my elder sister and besides it's going to be whipping cold. It's winter in Paris and this time there's no way you'll say that the cold does not bother you."

"Look, height difference might not mean a thing to you as you've been blessed by a good five feet seven inches but it does to me. This outfit with the heels will make me look proper and older. I am not one of those people who enjoy being called you look younger than your actual age."

The conversation ended abrupt when Noorie yelled Zaynoul's name to verify if he has packed everything in the list she made.

After check in at the counter, Myra joined her parents who were standing by the silver wall.

"Did they say anything about the zero point two excess kilos?" Musa asked.

"No, the lady smiled and repeated, have a nice flight."