65

Arcadia – 8th June 2018

GRABBING A BOTTLE of sparkling non-alcoholic Rosé and two tulip glasses, Hayat headed barefoot onto the wooden terrace. Aryan lied on a rattan chaise lounge, fingers behind his head and gazed at the glittering blanket of stars spread throughout the black marble.

Settling on the chaise beside him, she untwisted the metal cage. Aryan peered at her for a moment.

"We should be celebrating. Mission is successful," she concluded, easing out the cork.

With a gentle hiss, the bottle opened. Hayat filled both glasses about the same quantity and took one.

"Cheers"

Aryan however did not react. Focusing eyes took on a haunted look and his jaws tensed.

"What's wrong?"

"You really don't see anything wrong?" He snapped, raising his voice above the waves colliding against the ship.

He planted his feet on the ground and glared at his cousin.

"You wanted her. She is here," Hayat stated and pressed her red lips together.

"She appeared as a model on my fashion show. This is how Niyah returned her to me. In public where there is a fair share of antagonists who hates Yasmin's guts. She literally grabbed a mic and announced the return of Yasmin Sheikh."

Hayat shook her head. "I'm getting a little lost here. Get to the main point."

Helplessness spread across his face. The light and conviction died from his eyes.

"As much as I hate to say it aloud, Yasmin is safer with Niyah than she is with me. I was never a victim of a calculated attack until I married her. Whoever it was, targeted Yasmin and can do it again the moment she is back in my life. In my obsession of gaining her, I forgot that I'm endangering her life as well. If something happens to her again because of me, I won't be able to live," he confessed, voice breaking.

"Aryan," Hayat cried out, putting her glass on the side table and sat beside him on the edge of his chaise. "You can't talk like that."

"It's true. Instead of desiring her like a madman, I should have eliminated the one who is a threat to her."

Hayat lowered her gaze.

"I'm sorry Hayat but we haven't made the best plan here and Niyah Azar once again has proven to be a step ahead of us."

"What do we do now?"

Sniffing, he wiped the corner of his eyes.

"I've spoken to the Captain and crew. Instead of heading to Athens which would have been our last stop, the ship is sailing to Istanbul. The team is working on booking a resort with waterslides, whichever they can find for all the guests. Then everyone will head back to their own country from Istanbul."