37

Charles de Gaulle – 5th February 2018

"IT'S FREEZING," Emraan complained when they landed at Charles de Gaulle airport.

He wore his wool coat and buttoned it to the top. Next he slipped on his suede leather gloves. While he shielded his body from top to bottom, Myra's black leather jacket exposed her to the cold despite zipped till her neck. Her legs in particular were assailed the most due to her feeble leggings.

Without being proud Zaynoul can rub 'I told you so' on her face shoving her logic of looking older down the drain.

She threw a glance at Emraan, hoping he might give her something to protect herself except the four layered upper body clothing he had on worked perfect for him. Comforting her mind that he is a hired detective/neighbour and not her boyfriend, she moved forward and presented her passport.

The lady officer sent her a soft smile. Taken aback, Myra pretended to push her side swept fringe behind her ear because she had kept a strict face for the people who had stood in queue before her.

"Enjoy your stay, Miss Azar."

She smirked, handing her passport back, granting a six months visa.

"Thank you," Myra replied, sighing in relief.

"...are you aware that the Azar family has a whole apartment building with Eiffel views?"

Emraan words rang loud in her ears. Today she witnessed the fame as she is already considered a prominent person due to her surname.

Proceeding to baggage claim, Myra found a trolley and parked it behind the restricted line. She waited more than fifteen minutes for her two silver suitcases to appear, one with a world map design and the other with snowflakes pattern. The moment she had spotted them in a local bag shop, she nodded at her mother unlike Zaynoul who had selected a black soft side spinner one.

Good luck for identifying it in the plethora of black suitcases!

"You already got yours?" One of the mothers cited, mouth agape.

"Yes, you'll find yours too. Keep a sharp eye out," she joked and proceeded to leave baggage claim area.

Her eyes fell on police officers holding leashes of German shepherds. They followed her movement except none barked or else she would have been the center of attention in not even a day of her trip.

Myra observed around for Emraan who has disappeared in the sea of unfamiliar faces. Annoyed, she joined the group near the exit sliding doors, waiting for the bus to arrive.

"You're trembling."

Startled by Zaynoul's sudden voice, she exchanged a furtive glance.