18

Venus Villa – 5th November 2015

ZAEEM KHAN was never a person who would prepare his meals. He grew up in an environment where chefs of different ethnicities on a simple order would present what his stomach desired that day. Otherwise it's take-out.

After waking up from a serene three hours sleep, he google a five star rated recipe of tea and followed the instructions on his smartphone.

"Warm water, let the tea bag go through the process of diffusion, one big spoon of milk powder, two small spoons of sugar and two big spoons of sleeping drug, stir, stir and stir. Voila. Ladies and gentlemen, clap for the Master Chef," he whispered.

From the open kitchen's view he caught a glimpse of his three best friends: Bryan, Habil and Azhar lounging on the wooden rocking chairs enjoying the view of the deep and calm sea crawling forward. He smirked at the four white similar cups of tea. Pride boosted because of his basic culinary skills except he added a cinnamon stick to differentiate his from the others.

Venus Villa bathed in the evening's sunset glow. The three young men in vests and shorts had their sunglasses on to shield their eyes from the rays. Zaeem's spirit rose and he walked onto the terrace, the white gravels crunching beneath the sole of his shoes.

"Man, you shouldn't," said Bryan while taking the cup closest to him.

"That's alright, what are friends' for?"

Zaeem smiled. If only they were aware that he is a wolf in sheep's clothing right now.

He placed his own cup on the Stowe side table next to his phone and served his other two friends. The sunset was a beauty to beholden with the color of the sky changing from pale blue to hues of orange, pink and purple. The young men chilled out in silence, sipping on their hot tea little by little.

"It's been quite long since I've had a delightful tea. Thanks a lot Zaeem," conveyed Habil.

"I agree with you," added Bryan.

"You guys," said Zaeem, attempting to be as modest as he can be.

Scuba diving was one of the water sports that he had always wished to try. As cool and peaceful as it sounds, it drained most of their energy. Sure an alternate jaw dropping blue world of fish and corals surrounded him despite hurting his ears a lot.

The boys didn't talk much when they returned to the villa and went straight to bed after a quick bath. He breathed in slow, living in the moment before putting his plan at work.

"I can't believe a week has already gone by. One more and you are a groom Zaeem," teased Habil.

"I always go on my friends' bachelor trips. It's amazing and a one-time wonder because once they are married; you cannot pull them out of their evil wives clutches," said Bryan, finishing his tea.