24

Sandoria Town – 8th November 2015

MONEY FALLING from sky

Money surrounding him in piles

Zaeem did not want to face reality allowing the enticing dream to prolong until the gravitating money got replaced by rain. Thick, moist and a little disgusting rain fell on his face. It sensed so real that his hand lifted to touch his cheek, discovering gruesome mucus. Opening his eyes at once, a horse's nose greeted him up close.

He moved and yelled at the top of his lungs. As a result, Malika slipped from the hammock and fell on her butt. A growl escaped past her lips.

"Are you on cracks Zaeem Khan?"

The pain coming from her body caused her temper to accelerate from zero to hundred. He jumped off the hammock on her side, almost stepping on her with the thick hunter boots while being chased from a horse.

Standing up, she fixated the white animal with grey mane.

Moonlight

She swallowed, the color of her cheeks paled. Once the first tear of joy dropped free, the rest followed like a waterfall on a showery day. Relieved beyond comparison to see a familiar face after seven months, the taste of salt reached her parched lips.

Zaeem wiping his face with his shirt, his shouting about dumb and unhygienic, all became a distant noise. She stepped closer to the horse, hand trembling to touch its face until it stopped at its forehead by standing on tip toes.

"How are you?" She whispered, sniffing.

The horse neighed, sitting on two legs, eyes bored into its mistress.

"Good boy, I've missed you. I know he hates you but you brought him to me. Thank you so much Moonlight, you are the best birthday gift ever."

Without frivoling a single second away, Malika hugged her favorite pet of all time. Her angel in disguise has played a huge role in saving her life.

"Step away from him Malika. He's a bad horse."

"Keep your mouth shut. He is my favorite, my savior, my protector, my charming horse, Moonlight."

"Whatever," he snorted.

Moonlight did not have to be whipped or beaten to become hers unlike most horse riders. She caressed its forehead, mane, back and used hand signals. They developed a special bond that not many could fathom. She was blessed to have a companion who would never betray her confidence.

"Come over here," she ordered Zaeem who has crossed his arms beneath his chest, sitting against a pine tree.

"No thanks."

"I'm not asking, Zaeem Khan."

"I have a special hate for this dude. You are not aware how he frightened me to death."