57

Arcadia – 4th June 2018

NIYAH AZAR IS ALONE in the immense fitness center of the ship.

Pop music pounded in her ears, increasing the adrenaline while sweat trickled front and back down her body. The moving belt under her running shoes mixed with the sound of her short winded breaths. With a heated glare, she surrendered to blowing off steam.

Converting the inner turmoil into a diaphoretic and drained calisthenics is one of her classic moves.

Her calves burnt yet she pumped her legs as fast as they could go. Everything else became a blur. Her mind ran frantic with today's fiasco. Each step pounded in time with her prompt heartbeats. The deep fury anticipated the strength.

She ran until her foot almost slipped beneath her. She stopped and stretched her neck side to side. After splashing cold water on her face several times, she checked her watch.

11:14 p.m.

They could all be fast asleep due to the scorching and tiring journey that they have embarked on today or she could take a risk and confront that tramp once and for all. Niyah fixed her matted hair into a high ponytail and wore her light blue zipper jacket over her sportswear.

Right next to the fitness center is a juice bar which is still open at the time. She ordered a refreshing mango smoothie and drank it all on spot.

"Tough night," the man who served her, asked.

"Not at all, I'm sort of a night owl. This is my time."

"We rarely get any guest exercising at this hour or stop by for a smoothie."

"I don't think you'll be serving anyone else at the moment. Take the day off and wind down."

He smiled. "I'm afraid I can't. Shift ends at midnight."

"I'm a very close friend of the Prince of Athador. In fact I almost became her Royal Highness few years ago. You may take the day off."

His eyes widened before he nodded. "Thank you very much. If you need any help, you can count on me. I'm Marcos by the way."

Niyah smiled and introduced herself. Sprinkling a little kindness and bringing someone from the enemy's camp on her side is not a bad idea. She may or may not ever need his help. Still it doesn't hurt to have an extra pair of eyes and ears.

Taking a chance she headed towards the upper deck. It's where the royals would stay or hang out. No light came from the windows though during her walk she caught Hayat and Aryan on the lounge chairs by one of the pools. A server took their empty glasses and placed a tray of fruits instead.