38

Champs Elysées – 6th February 2018

MYRA STEPPED DOWN from her bed and picked the glossy paper that has been slid under the door. It's the itinerary. Hotel La Bourdonnais has taken full responsibility of roaming their prestigious guests around the city of light.

6 Feb: 10:00 Place de la Concorde, Champs Elysées, La Roue, Arc de Triomphe

7 Feb : 10:00 Sacre Cœur, Gare de L'est

She avoided reading the rest as she'll need two days to roam with the group. On the third, she'll come up with a solid excuse to visit the hotel wherever Niyah is staying. Thus no one will doubt her true intention of attending this school trip.

Myra wore the Chanel jacket on a plain black T-shirt and slim pants along with her high heel ankle boots that Kristen gifted her three days before the trip. She dabbed a little powder on her nose and finished dressing up with a dusky nude lipstick. Placing the handle of the black Chanel clutch on her shoulder, she flipped her hair and admired her reflection in the mirror.

Her mobile phone rang.

"How is my little girl doing?"

Your little girl no longer looks so little anymore. She bit her lip from almost voicing her thoughts and turned the heater off.

"I just got ready, I'm going for breakfast and then we are visiting Place de la Concorde, I hope I said it well."

Musa chuckled from the other side and for a moment he paused when someone started talking in Arabic. Myra waited, clueless. She has never been able to speak the beautiful language no matter how hard she tried.

"I'm sorry darling; some punk has vandalized another rich punk's Audi. I have to go. Tonight we are talking through Skype, alright?"

"Okay papa."

Myra arrived late to the dining hall. She caught Zaynoul eating and chattering with the two boys sitting at the same table. Looking around, she also noticed Emraan talking to Mr. Owais.

"What the hell?" She muttered under her breath.

Moving towards the pastry table, she set two croissants and muffins on her plate. A waitress poured her coffee while she directed towards a table where two fathers were sitting.

"There's no other vacant place-"

"It's fine dear. You're Myra, right, Musa's daughter?"

"That would be me."

She sat down and took a small sip of the overheated coffee first before digging in the breakfast, starting with the crispy croissant.