71

Wessam Castle – 30th July 2018

STANDING ON THE BALCONY, Marissa inhaled the fresh and clean morning air. It's peaceful and quiet like she dwelled in an actual fairy tale.

How long has she been dreaming of this moment?

To be here wearing the most expensive velvet nightgown, the diamond emblem on the breast pocket converting it more lavish than one could expect. Taking a small sip of her espresso, she scrolled through her phone.

Someone opened her bedroom door and sauntered inside. Marissa stood unbothered for one person had permission to do so.

Smiling, Marcos said, "Good morning"

"Morning, how did you sleep?"

"Last night may have been one of the best periods of sleep of my life. The bed, the mattress-"

"They are the most comfortable we've ever had. The luxury we had cannot be compared to royalty."

"You're right. Can I ask something if you don't mind?"

"Of course, why are you being formal when we are alone? We go back a long time," she reminded, patting his arm.

He chuckled.

"Why do you and Zaeem sleep in separate rooms?"

Taking a deep breath, she divulged, "Our marriage is a contract to become the King and Queen of Athador. No strings attached."

"Are you sure we can trust him?"

"Oh, I don't trust anyone but I need him. Zaeem, being Zaeem, of course, grasped the weakness of this game. I cannot become the Queen without him."

"You could have married someone else."

"I could. I chose not to. Call me selfish but I yearned to experience motherhood along with being a Queen. I want it all. A family, a child, a castle, cars, money, and power, everything I never had growing up. The Sheikh and Khan had everything. Now it's my turn."

"Okay, should we go for breakfast? They are all downstairs. The boys prevented them from taking a seat in the dining room and prohibited room service as well."

Marissa smiled. "That's good. Let them experience hunger."

"Some of them are claiming they have medicine to take and they had not quite eaten last night."

"Screw them. They are waiting for one more hour at least. Order three chairs for Zaeem, you and I added to that table."

"Anything else"