8

Wessam Castle – 20th December 2014

FIERY SPARKS COMING from every corner of the sumptuous garden burst through the sky. Adults and kids were in awe of its beauty, eyes widening and giggling at the display. Once extinguished into blackness, another powerful one would be ignited under the stars.

After all, history will be written tonight, so the words need to be refined.

The Iron Gate opened to the public for the first time in ages. Countless vehicles of all models and vintage horse carriage rides made their way through to drop off the enthusiastic guests. The bachelorettes held their heads high and walked alongside their families.

Medieval wooden fire torches placed in different spots of the largest patio added a mystery touch and standing tall upon the hill overlooking the capital city of Athador is the illuminating Wessam Castle. Separate, superior and untouchable with strong walls; its grandeur can put the richest people in the land to shame.

Thick white pillars adorned with small golden detailing caught the eye on approaching closer. Shining crystal chandeliers hung from white ceiling reflected light on every path. Last but not least sculptures made in primitive times and golden bouquet lined up the hallway.

Smiles were growing on every faces as they witnessed for the first time what they have heard in rumors. The excitement switch left its trail everywhere.

The more the citizens discovered, the merrier they became.

On the other hand, an orchestra dressed in black suits and gowns played baroque music. Hundreds of servants hurried to their respective tasks. Some were carrying trays of sweets and refreshments while others took their positions as guide.

Standing next to his sitting parents, Aryan kept his gaze on every blonde girl who descended the red carpeted stairs with caution to gather in the hall. An anchorman announced and praised the noble families of Athador. Aryan could care less for his desperate eyes were in search of a specific face.

His protector; the girl who had saved him from the jaws of death

"She is pretty, crowned Miss Teen Athador last year and from what I've heard, her father is a renowned surgeon," stated his mother.

His neutral face stayed pristine beneath the mask.

"Who are you looking for?" Zayed Sheikh asked out of the blue.

"No one"

He smiled. "My blood coursed through your veins. You cannot fool me."

The conversation did not please his mother in the slightest. She rocked her eyes between her son and the middle class young ladies.

"Niyah Azar accompanied by her brother Nayir Azar," conveyed the announcer.

No reaction came from Aryan unlike his mother who broke the proper lady behavior and threw two thumbs up in the air. Niyah giggled and looped her hand around her brother's arm.