58

Arcadia – 5th June 2018

TWO KNOCKS CAME at the door.

Niyah ditched the zebra print Roberto Cavalli maxi dress on the bed and opened it. Musa wearing a simple black T-shirt and khaki trousers, walked in. Lips parted in a silent surprise, he gawked at the plethora of branded clothes, make-up, shoes scattered on the floor and bed.

Myra sat in a small corner with her mobile phone, almost blocked by the mess.

"I'm glad you two are not sharing a room with us and should I be aware how much all of these cost?"

Niyah gave him a sheepish smile and looked away.

"I bet not even the maids wear something as cheap as I'm wearing."

"Papa, you're embarrassing me now," the blue eyed brunette mumbled.

She picked up a crafted navy blue Dior silk scarf from the floor and wrapped it mindlessly around her wrist. For her it's a mere hundred euros while for her parents it could be worth a few weeks of groceries. Her father has never been much of a squanderer or a shopaholic.

"Azar Corporation pays well I suppose," he taunted.

Mortified, she shifted her glance to a black quilted Burberry handbag dangling by the bedside and asked, "You need something?"

"As a matter of fact, explain to me what is going on with you two."

"What"

"I'm talking about yesterday. You looked pale especially you Myra. You were silent all the time. You two ate little food for dinner and then ordered room service for breakfast. Be honest with me. Are you in trouble or is somebody troubling you?"

The two sisters shared a glance. Myra put her phone in her jumpsuit pocket and stepped down from the bed.

"Nothing escapes your eyes huh," Niyah teased.

"Being adults does not mean I will stop taking care of my little girls."

"We were, during out tour in-"

Myra interrupted. "Niyah please, let's not hide anything. I'll tell you what happened yesterday."

Teary eyes, she briefed that ill-fated moment excluding her conversations with Emraan. By the end of it, she praised Zaeem Khan and had a profound respect for him; a detail which put both Musa and Niyah on edge.

"He is the last person I would have expected to rescue me. I've forgotten if I have thanked him or not," she muttered, wiping the corner of her eyes.

Musa chipped in. "I almost forgot too. Your mom needs your opinion on some outfits and gift packaging. We shouldn't be late for the ceremony."