69

Wessam Castle – 29th July 2018

A BLUE SKY dotted with fluffy white clouds drifted over the castle. The next moment heavy dark clouds cast an ominous shadow.

Yasmin gulped. Uneasiness settled in the pit of her stomach. She unconsciously dug her nails into her palm, staring at the floras shimmying in the gusting wind.

It's happening too fast. Way too fast before she could even breathe. Not to forget, nightmares upon nightmares plagued her chaotic mind. They gave her constant headaches. Blurry and distorted images, and voices that sounded unfamiliar yet familiar at the same time.

They all posed two questions: is her memory coming back or has her mission become overbearing?

Niyah's instructions were clear. Stay close to Aryan and figure out his plans.

Yasmin expected he would open his heart to her since his mother died. Although he did not. He bottled everything up and moved on with an unbiased face.

Despite living in the same room, they are sleeping on separate beds. She is kind of thankful for it. Her 'husband' neither approached nor touched her. Now they are going to be crowned as the King and Queen of Athador.

The Coronation Day

Yasmin has been dreading it since day one of learning this news.

Walking towards the mirror, she ran her fingers on the left side of her waist, fixing the embroidered cream gown with dark golden detailing. It's old-fashioned, itchy, heavy, and suffocating. Her so-called dead mother-in-law wore it on her coronation day.

Rules are rules. This is the designed outfit for the coronation day whether you like it or not.

Of course, a heavy velvet cape in the burgundy shade with elements like the Athador flag and the royal emblem will be attached to this monstrosity. It will trail for at least ten to twelve feet behind her as she walked head high towards the throne.

Yasmin huffed.

She focused on her phone resting on the bedside table. An overwhelming urge to call Niyah and request to cancel this mission took over her mind. It will be difficult to escape at the moment. Still, she can always fake sickness to call off this nonsense.

As far as Niyah is concerned, she never attempted to contact her. Maybe it's too risky. After all, missiles created by Azar Corporation blasted the royal ship.

She started pacing the room, cringing at the cape lying on her bed. Her heart skipped a beat when the door opened.

Aryan arrived in his royal mantle looking more ridiculous and annoyed than her. His white pants were so tight that she had to lift her eyes at once. On the bright side, his flowing black cape with golden features, matching the shirt was half long compared to hers.