3

Wessam Town – 6th December 2014 

WAKING UP early has many benefits. For Yasmin's stepfamily only few of them have actual meanings.

Improvement of concentration, more time to exercise and sustaining a healthier diet were not deemed as important as having a healthy skin. Tanya and her two daughters, Dilnaz and Arzoo will spend at least an hour on moisturizing and cleansing, sometimes exfoliating their faces. By the time they will reach the dining table, Yasmin would be very famished.

This Saturday will not be the same as they are going to a resort paid by one of the daughters' wealthy friends resulting in a quiet, non-tiring home for her. She even decided to invite Malika for a sleepover.

"Did you make the scrambled eggs the same way Melanie Yummy Cooking demonstrated online?" Tanya asked as she walked around the table, inspecting every meal Yasmin has prepared.

"Yes I watched the video twenty-five times like you said."

"I love it when you obey me. When I'll get back, I'll give you the free shampoos and body lotions I will receive in the room."

Yasmin could not bite back her opinion. "It's not free. It is paid in the package but they never admit."

"You want it or not?" She asked, crossing her arms beneath the faux feather chest area of her designer dress.

Words should be carefully chosen in Tanya's presence. She never hesitates to increase the workload if she did not appreciate a comment.

"I would love to have it."

"Perfect, sit we'll eat together."

Her mood is superb today as sometimes Yasmin had to wait for their chattering to be over or the clock reveals they are running late to consume the cold leftovers.

Her stepsisters arrived in white floral dresses and hat twice the size of their heads. Yasmin cut her cheese toast in small triangles, eyes focused on it and ears as usual listened to their conversation.

"Jensen heard from Ash that Princess Aliyah would be there today. You think we'll get a picture with her?"

"You can't be this dumb Dilnaz. She of course will be surrounded by security or she'll always be in the VVIP sections. In her gaze we'll be her peace destroyers and very middle-class."

"No and well she can't be that-"

"Girls, would you chew your food thirty-two times and stop talking about the Princess?"

They did not need to be told twice to shut up. Yasmin wondered if Tanya has a headache as she loved to participate in the gossip girls' endless conversations. She ended breakfast with a delicious creamy cappuccino with cinnamon sprinkled on top (another online recipe) and helped them put their luggage in the lux-cab.