70

Wessam Castle – 29th July 2018

WITH AN ICY STARE bored into her eyes, Aryan Sheikh stepped one stair down, standing in front of his wife.

"Who the hell are you?"

Smiling, she walked past them and climbed on the altar. The young man who walked behind her stopped by Aryan's side and met his eyes.

"Remember me, Prince," he asked.

"You do look familiar," Aryan answered while Yasmin muttered his name.

"Marcos, Niyah told me about you."

He smiled.

"It's crazy how the one who has lost her memory recalled a literal nobody who worked on the Arcadia whereas the one who has never missed a day at the gym and its juice bar doesn't remember. I've been keeping an eye on you for a long time, Prince."

Marcos climbed the stairs and stood behind his leader. Aryan and Yasmin shared a glance and turned to look at her.

She moved her eyes across the congregation and stopped on the King of Athador.

Grinning, she expressed, "What a beautiful coronation ceremony King Zayed or should I say, Father?"

A collective gasp resonated across the room. Heads turned forth and back at the concerned parties. Aryan glared at his father, speechless.

Zayed, on the other hand, skin white as a ghost, stared at her. Tears prickled his eyes as he uttered her name.

"Marissa"

"At least he memorized my name. I must say my poor heart broke for not receiving an invitation."

"You are not welcome here," Zayed responded, voice laced with venom.

"Oh dear, I thought all relatives need to be here for the ceremony and I am your blood or should I say your first-born child? What an awkward situation."

"So, you are here to claim the throne?" Aryan asked.

"Oh, my little brother, I have never envisioned a feud the first time we'll meet. However, this is what fate wrote for us. I'm sorry but the throne is my birthright."

Aryan laughed. "Only a couple ascend the throne. Is the bartender your husband?"

Marissa laughed alongside. "No, Marcos is my right hand. My husband is here. He refused to be part of the bloodshed."

"Why should we crown you as our Queen after what you just did?"

"You must be Princess Aliyah, my beautiful, little sister. Let me educate you on your own country's rule. A couple ascends the throne. Since my father is a widower, the next in line is his firstborn and that person is me."