76

Wessam Castle –8th August 2018

FATIGUE OVERWHELMED everything.

Her body keeps demanding proper rest. Her brain begged to stop and her head wished to be placed on a snug orthopedic pillow. Relaxation can alleviate her pain. If possible, she needed to cuddle with her boyfriend. She felt safe in the warmth of her lover.

Aliyah Sheikh has kept this secret hidden from everyone.

Benjamin came to the coronation day. The twenty-three-year-old son of a judge, the son of the same man who stood up against Marissa and asked of her invasion.

When Marissa's gang kicked all the strangers out, Benjamin shared a longing glance with her. Tears filled their eyes. Despite being at arm's reach, he could not rescue her.

They texted each other.

However, Benjamin broke up with her two days before Marissa confiscated their phones.

"I'm sorry, Aliyah. We can't be together now. Your sister's people are keeping an eye on my house and everyone present at the coronation. She threatened to kill the children if we approach anyone for help. Nobody has a clue we were dating. It's fine."

"You think it's easy for me? I'm a prisoner in my home, Benjamin. This bitch has everything under control. I have no one to turn to except you and now you're breaking up with me at one of the worse times of my life."

"I'm sorry, Aliyah. It's not my fault and in my control, right? Your father abandoned your sister. She is taking revenge. I can't risk my loved ones and my life in your family drama. I'll always love you. I wish we would have fallen in love at different times – I'm sorry."

A tear escaped from the corner of her eye.

Aliyah wiped it fast and accidentally knocked a vintage globe on the floor. The security guard standing by the pillar turned to glare at her. Upon noticing the globe and its golden stand had come apart, he spoke in his wireless earpiece.

Aliyah watched with numb horror as he approached the beige dresser on which the globe stood.

"I'll pick it up."

"No, you stand and wait," he ordered.

Less than two minutes Marissa, Zaeem, and Marcos arrived in the hallway where they assigned her to clean.

"You broke it," Marissa stated.

"No, it was an accident. I'll fix it," she pleaded.

Aliyah dropped to her knees and gathered the pieces. Her hands trembled under their scrutinized gaze. No matter how much she attempted, the globe did not fit in the stand. Something has gone loose. A small piece could be missing too. Sweat accumulated near her hairline.