49

Vue Beach Club Canggu, Bali –1st April 2018

LIKE A BALL OF FIRE, the sun rays shone upon the vast resort in the south of Bali. Humming bees scurried over a crowded inflorescence. Chorus of birds flew against the cocktail blue sky. The subtle scent of fresh coastal air fanned across the faces of the two handsome cousins. Both men sported white shirt with top two opened buttons over cargo shorts.

"Where is she?" Aryan asked, stopping by the sapphire colored swimming pool.

Emraan took his shades off and glanced around. Most of the guests were at the beach. On the recliners surrounding the pool lounged one old woman with a large straw hat. His elder sister has sent a text claiming that she'll be here at ten thirty sharp.

Recognized for her punctuality, Emraan ensured they arrive on time to prevent a wrath.

"I'll call her."

He fished his mobile phone out of his pocket when they noticed the familiar black curly hair put into a high bun emerged from the side of the infinity pool.

"What the-" Aryan exclaimed and faced the other side. "Tell her to put some clothes on."

Embarrassed, he stood and watched his sister sauntering towards the last chaise lounge situated near a palm tree. She picked up a black chiffon coat and wore it over her black one piece swimsuit.

"Keep your eyes down and follow me," Emraan instructed, annoyed at his sister's alluring outfit.

She picked up a glass of orange juice, tilt her head back like a model in an ad and drank. Emraan waited for her to turn around and pointed to the belt on her coat.

Hayat rolled her eyes.

"He can watch tall girls in more revealing outfits walking down the runway every month but he can't look at me in a non-sexy swimsuit."

Still looking down, Aryan defended, "You are my cousin; let's not make it more awkward."

Hayat tied the belt at her waist and sat on the chaise lounge. She pulled the headband off and ran her fingers through the damp curls. Emraan and Aryan sat on the beside one, placing their bag pack by their feet.

"Your Majesty must be tired," Hayat teased.

Aryan took his sunglasses off, confirmed that no one would spot him and addressed to her.

"You set the meeting here Hayat. I can't tell what goes through your brain when we could have met in any Middle Eastern city."

"I prefer exotic beach rather than a conference room."

"Detective work got you travel all over the world huh," Aryan added.

"I call it freedom to do whatever I want without the interference of my strict parents. After all the burden of continuing the family's legacy is not on me."

Emraan shot her daggers through his darkened eyes.

"Truth is always bitter Emraan," she sneered, covering her heart in sympathy. "Learn to live with it."

"Let's cut to the chase and tell Aryan about your plan."

"No need to rile up, we are meeting after months little brother and you did not even greet or hug me."

Emraan looked aside and Hayat dared not sprinkle more salt on his injured ego. She is better than him, smarter hence he approached with Aryan's proposal. Despite being with them, he is a bit jealous of his successful elder sister.

"Shall we begin?" Aryan asked.

"Yes, let's discuss your first mistake. Niyah Azar, your enemy number one has three siblings yet she is closest to one of them. You two picked the wrong target."

"Yes, our plan failed but not because of Myra, because of Yasmin's condition. I don't get your point."

Hayat breathed hard, covering her knees with both palms and asked Aryan, "With whom Niyah went to university together?"

"Nayir"

"With whom she attended your royal ball?"

"Nayir," Aryan repeated, starting to understand her point.

"Which sibling lives with her in Paris?"

"Nayir"

"Exactly, she is closest to her twin brother. If you have put Nayir at gunpoint and ask Yasmin back, there is a ninety percent chance, she would have already been in your life."

"You want us to kidnap Nayir and blackmail Niyah?" Emraan asked.

"Emraan my dear, you should never repeat the same mistake."

"Shut up Emraan. Tell me, what is the plan Hayat?"

"The plan is already in motion, your Majesty. Any day now Nayir Azar will sit on one knee and ask my hand for marriage."

Their faces froze for a moment. They shared a glance and turned to see Hayat's lips curled into a smirk. Hands pressed on both side of the chaise she tilted her body a little.

"You two are in shock."

"How-" Aryan breathed out. "How did you make this happen?"

"Unlike my brother, I played my cards right and made Nayir feel like the only gentleman in the world who I'll ever love. Emraan narrated everything to me the next day of your shooting incident. I noted it down and asked him to ask you to give every single detail Niyah has shared in her proud monologue. I figured out quick that Nayir is the one we should go after. I ended my previous case and began yours right away."

"Does Niyah know about you?"

"If she has no one spying on her brother then she is not aware. I informed Nayir that I would like to keep things private before we come to an ultimate conclusion. Bringing family members early into a relationship does not often work well."

"Fine," Emraan blurted. "I get it. Where do you go from there then?"

"The moment he proposed, I'll plan an adventure including everyone Niyah Azar loves and hates. She has played with us long enough. Now it's our turn to ace this game. We will give her a taste of her own medicine."

"Will I get Yasmin back?"

"It all depends how this adventure fares out."

Nodding, Aryan put on his sunglasses back.

"Remember boys, patience is a virtue."