44

Le Kaïla Hotel – 10th February 2018

EMRAAN DECIDED TO GIVE UP searching for Yasmin after several hours. He called Aryan and discovered that the bullet has been removed. His arm though is in a cast to hold the broken bone in a proper alignment since the poison had done enough damage. In simple words, the doctor delayed.

Bodyguards scattered all around the living room, concerned as the Prince's parents would be shocked and furious on learning that their newly found daughter-in-law has shot their beloved son.

What a warm welcome

"How are you feeling?" Emraan asked, scurrying in his cousin's room and took a seat at the edge of the bed.

He let out an exhale, eyes returning on Emraan's face and then on the white cast wrapped around his arm.

"The first time I saw her, she saved my life. The last time, she almost took my life."

"You told me that she loved you more than anyone. Then how come she obeyed Niyah's order?"

"She has amnesia. Every memory and moment we spent together is gone."

It made sense to him. Aryan had almost given up searching for his wife. No matter how prestigious and powerful, no one managed to locate Kabir. Thus Emraan had suggested what if he's looking from a wrong angle?

To search for more enemies who were unsatisfied with his wedding to Yasmin, they had re-watched the night of the royal ball together, listing down anyone who could be a suspect until they caught Niyah and Aryan arguing in one of the camera footage.

That's when he remembered, she had retaliated, "You should not have broken my heart."

And, he, Amir bin Mohammed Aryan Sheikh had broken up with her to be with Yasmin.

"THAT'S IT. Niyah is not the type of person who stays silent," Aryan had yelled, banging his hand loud on the table.

It's been long since he had received another clue.

"The footage you have, shows Kabir taking Yasmin away. What if she is not with him any longer or someone else took her from him? That's why Kabir is hiding because in his eyes, he's the one you doubt. It's almost impossible that your contacts have not been able to locate a middle class boy on the run. You have been walking the wrong path all the time cousin."

"So it's been Niyah all along. We did not invite her for the wedding though it's quite possible she stood among the crowd. There were too many people that day. She must have slipped in unnoticed and blended like the rest."

"Niyah Azar is powerful and reputed, not a small town boy like Kabir. You cannot walk to her and demand your wife back. We need a plan."

And thus they sat in one of the living rooms of Wessam Castle on a weekend where everyone had gone to a resort. The two cousins planned and schemed the best way to get to Niyah Azar.