43

Val Thorens – 10th February 2018

Emraan Jahani lied like a pro.

Taking his breakfast plate, he sat at the same table as Mr. Owais. Even though the teacher preferred eating alone, it is the least of his concern at the moment. Before Myra is declared missing, he needed to set a plan in motion.

"The thing Owais is that Myra is an adult even though she's a year older than a teenager. I always advise her good yet she listens to no one. She parties hard and now meeting people from corners of the world – it became the perfect way for her to start the night at Val Thorens."

The teacher nodded, posture hunched as he stared at his food. This timid girl used to be his student few years ago. What went wrong?

"However we have to conceal it from Zaynoul," Emraan added. "He is here to enjoy. Kids talk and they might bully or talk nonsense about his sister. We can't deprive him from happiness by putting a burden of the lifestyle his extroverted sister is leading abroad."

"No, I get your point Emraan. I'll inform him that Myra decided to join the skiing group late. Now that I ponder, she did not hang with her brother or with us at all. It's like she stopped caring about the boy the moment she stepped out of the plane."

"She has a reputation and France does not have the same laws as Qatar. Being here is freedom for her."

"This generation is going uncontrollable. Don't worry Emraan, you stay by Myra's side, confirm that she recovered from her hangover and take care of her. I'll guarantee that Zaynoul along with the kids focused more on skiing, that they have fun."

"Thanks man."

While the group drove south to make the free money worth it, Emraan followed them in a rented car and cut to the right somewhere in the middle of the distance where in a lodge, Myra is sleeping.

Arriving there, he noticed her trying to untie the ropes attached to her hands with the chair handles.

"You are a dead man Emraan," she yelled with whatever energy left in her body as the drug made her a bit tipsy.

"And you have balls to shout at me."

"My father will-"

"Please Myra. Don't try to be a slytherin when you're as sweet as a hufflepuff."

He prepared a cup of coffee and stood by the window, gaping at the shining snow on a perfect Saturday. On the other side, her stomach yearned for food. He paid no attention. Taking small sips, he dialed a number and brought his IPhone to his ear.

"Myra Azar is awake. You may come now."

Her heart shattered into pieces. He knew that she liked him and used the fact to taunt her after revealing his true colors. Her grandmother, even her least favorite cousin Sonya stood right. The recognition of his betrayal chewed at her flesh, giving her more pain than she had ever received. She had been so blind in love that she never suspected his intention. Despite the small tiffs and his weird attitude in the past few days, she had still let him in her heart.