51

Khan Estate, Ankara – 27th May 2018

IT'S ANOTHER energized and inspiring Sunday for a walk within the property. Something that Zaeem Khan has brought into his tasks of the day more often since Malika's pregnancy.

Savoring the tender sun like the meadow and pathways are absorbing it. The chorus of birds above and the blossom of colorful floras proclaimed the relaxing vibes. Fragranced breeze caressed their skin and her flowing light purple dress. One hand circled at his elbow and the other remained on her five months baby bump.

Nearing his parents' mansion, Zaeem spotted his brothers, sisters-in-laws and their children gathered near their SUVs. They are heading to the aqua park and had asked to join them. On some other day, he would have adored the thrilling waterslides, river rapids or even the spine tingling vertical plunge.

Malika would never risk it hence he declined their offer. Bidding farewell, they entered his parents' home. At the same moment, a hamper basket gets delivered.

The maid held it like a heavy tray and brought it with utmost care to the shiny black lacquered coffee table.

"Should I bring something to drink, sir and ma'am?"

"We'll both have cinnamon tea."

"Oh that has been made earlier. I'll bring it right away."

After the maid left, she asked, "Are you going to open it?"

Shaking his head, he replied, "It's addressed to Raqib and Maryam Khan. I don't have a death wish."

Heels clicking loud against the tiles, Maryam's presence is graced in the living room. She smiled at her son and frowned at her daughter-in-law. Malika is accustomed to this. She thanked the maid and sipped on her tea, ignoring Maryam's existence.

"Have you opened it?" She asked Zaeem.

"Of course not, it-"

His father arrived in his golf outfit and ordered the maid for some sherbet at once. He kissed his wife's forehead and asked for Malika's health.

"I'm fine, still a little back pain and headache at times."

"Oh you'll be healthy soon. My blessings are with you and I pray for you and your child."

Eyes sparkling, a humongous grin spread across her face. Her spirits rose and a flush of happiness rippled through her heart. She lowered her gaze and took more sips. Zaeem swung an arm across her shoulder.

"We have received a hamper basket," Maryam declared.

"Have you opened it?"

"I was waiting for you. Both our names are on the envelope."