Epilogue

13th November 2018 – Wessam Castle

A MILD BREEZE ruffled the flowing steel blue gown. The Queen of Athador gulped, soaking the quietude.

Her life will be far from peaceful now. Yesterday was the wake-up call. Thousands of people amassed in front of the castle, filling the exit road outside the gate and the entire city of Wessam.

They chanted King Aryan and Queen Yasmin, showering flowers and confetti.

At first, her nervous eyes darted around. This is what led to a series of misfortunate events. With Aryan by her side, and her family and friends standing behind her for support, that tale will never repeat.

She smiled as footsteps approached her from behind. Yasmin twirled.

He put his Kufi inside his grey blazer's pocket and placed an affectionate kiss on her forehead.

"What are you doing here?" He asked.

Aryan leaned against the balustrade on the vast terrace, admiring part of the castle's lawn and forest view. She stood beside him but faced the bedroom. The parted white curtains swung. Myra lay still in the middle of the bed.

"I prayed in her room. If I'm not mistaken, this is where everyone would want to come."

"I pray for her well-being every day," he admitted.

"Me too, she will wake up soon," she added.

Yesterday's coronation was for the world.

Today is for their families and friends.

The couple decided to host a small tea party and dinner for them. They needed to properly welcome them all now that they are the King and Queen of Athador.

"Is Aliyah, okay? I haven't seen her since the coronation."

"She is having a little PTSD."

"Why didn't you tell me before?" Yasmin asked, looking at him.

"Hayat is there for her. They are working together to track Marcos. She claims his downfall will bring her relief."

"I sensed something going on between them at the zoo. It felt weird."

"She didn't tell me anything. I hope she'll speak to Hayat at least."

"Yes, let's hope."

The first two guests arrived.

Yasmin stiffened. Her husband followed the trail of an airplane in the sky. Her fingers clenched into a fist, observing their every step.

They moved on each side of her bed, sitting down slowly. The way their eyes dropped gave away the guilt.