9

Wessam Town – 21st December 2014

THE TIME ARRIVED FOR HER to get out of the fairy tale world as much as she'll love it lasts longer. She wasted no time in tying the mask behind her head and ran.

"Why are you wearing your mask? At midnight we are supposed to remove them."

Aryan's voice halted her footsteps. How could she tell him that her life is not as simple as it seems?

"You cannot leave. You have to-" He stammered, ran a hand through his hair and almost sat down on one knee.

Opening the wooden door she yelled, "Curfew and thank you for making this one night of freedom memorable for me, you have been very charming."

A suave smile tugged at his lips.

Yasmin lifted her gown and dashed towards the castle. It will be easier to escape from there than to find the nearest exit in the darkness. Arriving inside the spacious hall, she noticed how the enormous chandeliers shimmered above the charismatic guests.

Steady breaths amplified her anxiety as she made her way through the sea of unknown faces. Eyes lingered on her due to the mask.

"Excuse me."

"I'm sorry." She apologized for colliding with the enthusiastic dancing couples.

Making a run for the stairs, she encouraged, "You're doing great. Keep dancing."

Arriving in the midst of the ball room, a group of ladies surrounded Aryan. They buzzed his ears with the same question. Who has he chosen to be his bride? His eyes scanned the room and caught a glimpse of the girl in the blue gown at the top of the balcony. Too bad he could not take a step further.

Yasmin's heart throbbed in her chest and beads of sweat appeared on her forehead when she made it upstairs. However the Prince's mother blocked her path.

"Who are you and how do you know my son?" She asked voice laced with a venomous tone.

Well this woman is no fan of hers.

"This is the third time I have met him my Lady. He loves his family more than they realize. Please do not force him into anything that will break his heart."

The woman's stern face softened. Yasmin excused and ran past her towards the door where she entered with Aryan arms hooked together.

The tulle underskirt made the gown bounced and flowed like gentle waves when the midnight breeze greeted her once again. She gasped for air while her feet ached in the heels. She quickened her pace instead of stopping and descended the fifty or seventy stairs.

Halfway, one of the shoes slipped off her feet.

"Wait." Aryan's voice boomed in the twilight.

She turned to look at his towering figure at the top of the stairs. Standing like a handsome knight, Yasmin relished the view.